Regional Support: Shipping (UK)

Solved
Highlighted
Explorer
52 0 7

It's starting to become a joke really now. Really disappointed after years of pointing this out to them they still ignore us.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 0 7

@George_Greenhil wrote:

It's starting to become a joke really now. Really disappointed after years of pointing this out to them they still ignore us.  

Didn't realise it had been going on for that long!! Thats terrible service from Shopify.

Definitely time to look for alternatives then, I am fed up of losing money on orders due to Shopify's inability to resolve this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
52 0 7

Still nothing, still losing money. @Victor  any update?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
619 54 153

Hi @George_Greenhil,

I don't have any updates at this time, no. I know that our development team are currently considering and working on a number of potential initiatives to better help our merchants during this difficult period, and if there is anything announced that I feel is of particular interest to UK-based merchants I will be sure to post here with more information.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
52 0 7

Hi @Victor 

Is there a legal issue or something with splitting the UK up?

I really don't understand it, you've launched a new whole email platform this week and come out with loads of cool complicated new features like product recommendation algorithms.

But you can't add 4 tick boxes after 5 years. It's so strange.

Thanks,

George

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
619 54 153

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @George_Greenhil,

I am not aware of the specific reasoning behind why this hasn't be done yet, although I don't believe it's due to any issues of legality. We've also had requests from merchants in other countries who are wanting more specificity when setting up shipping zones for their region.

Many of the more recent features announced, including Shopify Email, have been in the work for some time prior to their launch. Some features and their launches have also been prioritized due to the ongoing pandemic (e.g. the launch of the curbside pickup feature). I do believe it is mainly a question of prioritizing which features are rolled out first, although I understand that this is something UK-based merchants have been requesting for years and personally I hope it is something that is addressed soon, as I know it would be a huge help to many of you.

I've advocated for this feature internally and am continuing to log all feedback we receive on this in the merchant feedback system we use here. As mentioned before, I will be sure share more information about this feature here if and when it comes.

Kind regards,

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, 

Our bakery is offering local delivery within our city. We split different areas into different days to make it possible for our drivers, and people select their area based on the map on our site. Often however it goes wrong, due either to site glitches or human error people end up in the wrong group. Is there an app that will work out if someone's address falls within a given area, perhaps even not based on postcode, and then informs them which day they will receive their delivery?

Many thanks!

Ben

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
619 54 153

Hi @bakeryben,

Thank you for detailing your current set up and I can see why this may lead to errors with customers falling into the wrong group. There are a number of apps that can help merchants offer local delivery options to their customers, however I am not sure if it would be possible via these apps to restrict delivery days to specific postcodes or regions—nonetheless, I'd recommend checking these apps out and seeing if they're of any use to you:

You can make use of the free trials these apps offer to install them into your store and see how they work, and if they'd improve the management of your deliveries and the checkout experience for the customer.

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello , Victor! I have a question about enabling payment.

My business is registered and operates in the United States ,but I am a citizen of another country. I do not have an SSN , how can I enable Shopify Payment? I have all the other business documents , but no SSN. What should I do?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
619 54 153

Hi @Yegordrozdov,

Shopify Payments is only available in specific countries, and as a result you would need to meet specific criteria in terms of verification we may request from you. For example, if you are in the United States, in order to use Shopify Payments you will likely need to provide a Social Security Number, as well as an account from a bank with a physical location in the United States. It's not real feasible for merchants outside of the US, who do not have a presence there, to use the gateway.

Can you let me know which country you are based in? I may be able to suggest some alternative options for you.

Kind regards,

0 Likes