Regional Support: Shipping (UK)

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 3

Hello, who could help me activate/add feature of CARRIER CALCULATED SHIPPING, I'm trying to contact support but no luck. Would you be able to help perhaps or maybe referring to someone who can? Thank you,

Serge

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
366 36 101

Hi @sssarakelyan,

Thank you for getting in touch, and I'm sorry to hear you've had issues contacting support. If you're unable to access our support team, please always feel free to reach out here or over Facebook and Twitter, where we also offer support.

I'd be happy to take a closer look at this for you, so I will send you an email shortly to discuss this with you. I'll send the email to the address linked to your Forums profile.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, Im just starting out on Shopify. Ive read lots of information on shipping. Am I correct in saying that i need Royal Mail extension app to enable the shipping to be calculated ? I can only have this app at $10 a month and only on an upgraded plan ? ( i am currently on the basic ).

Also if all the above is correct. If I were to use this app, and i add each products weight individually. What is the box information used for please. I really do not understand the box information page.

Does this app accomodate muliple items in the shopping cart ? does it adjust the shipping accordingly ?

Thank you

Regards

Alison

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
366 36 101

Hi Alison,

Thank you for reaching out with your question, and yes, this is correct—the Royal Mail Shipping Extension will allow you to offer live, calculated rates to your customers within Shopify. The app has a monthly cost of $10 USD p/m, although it does also require you to have the carrier-calculated shipping feature enabled on your store. You can add this feature to your plan for an additional $20 USD p/m, or you can receive it for free if you decide to switch from a monthly to an annual billing cycle for the Basic plan. Please let me know if you've any questions on this.

I believe the app will take the average parcel size you enter in here—letter, large letter, small parcel or large parcel—and accommodate this into its calculations, along with the total weight of the customer's order and their shipping address. It would then take these variables and present the customer with as accurate a shipping rate as possible, which they can then select and pay for at checkout. This will work for single-product orders and for orders with numerous items. You will want to ensure that your product weights within Shopify are accurate, as these are used in the app's calculations.

I'd also point out that whilst I am familiar with the app and know roughly how it works, it is not made by Shopify and instead by a third-party developer. If you have any further questions about the app please feel free to ask them here, but you can also reach out to the developers directly at support@developify.co.uk. I'd also suggest checking out the reviews for the app on its page on the App Store, linked above, to see how other merchants have used it.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes