Regional Support: Shipping (UK)

Solved
SidharthKumar
3 0 0

Not my product delivered and not refund my money

0 Likes
heygates
2 0 4

Is there a way of voting for this feature or putting pressure on the dev team to include UK regions with different shipping rates?  I have been on the platform since April (with over 2500+ orders in that time) and integrated with third party couriers.  It has come to light that we are paying massive surcharges when sending to the islands of the UK (which there are many), the Scottish highlands and Northern Ireland.  Dealing with these on an individual basis and invoicing for the additional cost is an administrative burden.  

I don't quite understand the reluctance to add this feature, it is common on other ecommerce platforms.  It would be a shame to move away from an otherwise great platform just because you aren't able to offer this basic feature.

Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
759 66 189

Hi @heygates,

Thank you for reaching out. This issue is one I know many merchants in the UK care about and are dissatisfied with, and I have tried to raise awareness of this issue with relevant parties internally at Shopify. I know this is something our development team are aware of, and I will continue to log all feedback provided to me here in an effort to continue raising awareness of this feature request and how not having it negatively impacts our merchants in the UK. 

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
St3v3
Excursionist
25 0 14

Hi Victor,

Its all very well you saying you have raised this to the development team, but this has been going on for far to long. You offer it to other countries so it can be done, so should be very simple to do, but Shopify obviously just chooses not to. Not sure why why Shopify wont implement this when there is 8 pages in this thread alone requesting this feature.

As I have said in my previous posts, I am currently building my shop on a Woocommerce platform as they offer this basic feature and have done for quite a while it seems.

This will lose you customers if this is not implemented as a matter of urgency.

George_Greenhil
Explorer
58 0 23

'This will lose you customers if this is not implemented as a matter of urgency.' - it's been 6 years plus I don't think they've ever considered adding this feature. 

St3v3
Excursionist
25 0 14

Didn't realise its been that long!  Clearly they are never going to offer it to those in the UK.

I will push on with building my shop on another platform then

heygates
2 0 4

We had two very dissatisfied customers yesterday that we had to contact.  Both said they wanted to cancel the orders due to the extra shipping surcharges we needed to add, and both asked why the shop didn't notify them of this during checkout.  Its embarrassing as a brand.

@VictorDo you publish the development roadmap? I can't seem to find it on the shopify blog.  

Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
759 66 189

Hi @heygates,

We don't publish a publicly available roadmap as far as I'm aware, but we do offer a Changelog which details platform updates as they are made.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Lucelly
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi Shopify,

If you know that the UK regions is a popular request and has been on this community for over 7 years, why aren't you looking at resolving this as a standard function.

An ecommerce platform is not a platform if it doesn't have a shipping option.

This should be standard functionality and included in the basis package.

Can you give a date as to when this functionality will be made as standard if you can see from the threads and appreciate that this is a popular request?

0 Likes
Jatz
5 0 0

Hi Victor,

With all due respect, I’m not sure the Shopify developers are listening to you! I’ve got to say I’m really annoyed after reading this thread...  Looks like these shipping issues have dragged on for several years now!

I’m at the stage where I have designed my whole website on Shopify and I have now gotten to what is one of the last stages of organising shipping for my products and about to launch the business and it is very quickly turning into a nightmare.

It is just crazy that an e-commerce based web design company doesn’t offer any solid and/or viable shipping options for its customers in the UK!! Also crazy that the UK isn’t divided up into separate regions like other counties.

I see “Shopify Shipping” has been promised for a long time now with no updates or promising news what so ever, so I guess the only options are:

1. Use an app (all of which seem to have their faults) where the companies developing these apps seem to be taking advantage of this gap (and rightly so) and charging a small fortune for a valid shipping option. In reality these things should be included free of charge in our Shopify subscriptions like in other countries.

2. Jump ship to another web store company that does offer UK shipping options. It would be a shame after spending so much time developing my website and so far having a good experience with Shopify.

I really didn’t think this would be a stumbling block since it is one of the main foundations of an online store!

My store will be all online and shipping based sending out small and light products worldwide, so this option is essential to sort out and I feel at a bit of a dead end without a simple option that lets me provide good shipping options for my customers, link the order, let me print a label, then provide tracking options for my customers. If anyone could shed light or give advice it would be great. Unless this is fixed ASAP particularly with Brexit looming then there are going to be a lot of problems for a lot of UK Shopify customers and a lot of jumping ship.

Get it sorted Shopify!

0 Likes