Remote area shipping

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
14 1 0

Hi!

We've been caught a few times not realising there are what courier companies considers 'remote areas' and have been charged extra. Just wondering if it's possible to add this option in shopify to detect whether a person is in a 'remote area'. I would assume this would be done using postcodes. 

I know this could possibly be fixed via the real time carrier shipping under the advanced plan, just wondering if there are other options out there I can explore.

Thanks!

Adrian 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
170 0 19

Hi Adrian!

Kerstin here from the Shopify Guru Team :)

By default, if you expand your Shipping Zones you are able to tick on or off individual areas in your Shopify admin to exclude remote areas:

If you need advanced filtering for remote areas you can use an app such as the Postcode Shipping ExtensionBespoke Shipping  or Better Shipping apps.

Please feel free to reach out with any other questions by replying to this thread :)

All the best,

Kerstin | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I'm trying to setup special rates or carrier service for DHL Remote Area postal codes: http://raslist.dhl.com/DHL-Remote-Areas.pdf

Solution could be to either:

a) recognize and tag remote area order to be shipped with local postal office (no remote area charges)

b) recognize remote area and add remote area charge to customer shipping price

We are working exclusively with DHL Express.

Could you 1) specifically suggest any of the apps mentioned here, or any other app 2) point out any Shopify store front-end URL where something like this has been setup. We'd prefer a lightweight setup.

Thanks,

Arno

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Adrain,

Liz from Parcel Panel, we just publish an App to help people solve remote area orders problems!

It's full-automatic to detect your orders generated, real-time reporting. 

Have a free trial of Remote Area Detector if you are interested.

Thanks,

Liz

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
555 1 14

Automatically detecting whether a person is in remote area or not is not something which can be directly achieved. However, using the Multi Carrier Shipping label app, you can check each transaction and make out if the shipping prices had remote area surcharge added to them or not. These can be checked from the logs of the app. 

Hope i was able to answer your query.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes