Remote shipping from separate zip code then warehouse.

Cbracken
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

I run a small business out of Meadville, PA 16335. We plan to go on vacation to Ludington, MI 49431. My question is how do I print shipping labels that calculate MY costs based off the Ludington zip code, not my PA zip code. I still want the return address to be the Meadville, PA 16335 on the labels. I'm shipping though USPS priority mail. I know that using the Flat Rate boxes this is a non-issue but the regional boxes are calculated from where they are shipped. Also I'm not interested in changing what it charges the Customer at check out as these will most likely be minimal. Anyone know how to do this? I added a location to my profile but couldn't figure out how to choose that as a ship from location. 

Thanks, Charlie

Reply 1 (1)

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Hi @Cbracken,

I'm not sure if this can be directly handled in Shopify since you have to select one location as default, based on which the shipping rates will be displayed and the labels will be generated. One of the options you can look into is to try the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app. The app allows you to set different ship from addresses for rates and labels, ie. you can add both the locations (Meadville, PA 16335 and Ludington, MI 49431) within the app. 

Now, you can set Ludington, MI 49431 as the ship from address for shipping rates calculation so that, the USPS rates are calculated based on this address. Now, you can set Meadville, PA 16335 as the ship from address for label generation so that, this address is displayed on the shipping label and used as the return address. And yes, you can handle USPS Regional boxes as well. All you need to have is an account with USPS (or stamps), to integrate with the app. You can try the app with a 14-day free trial and contact the support for any assistance required.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping