Remove Region from checkout

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 0

Good morning,

I want to remove Region from checkout page, it´s possible? I use Debut Theme.

Capture.PNG

Thank you,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
826 50 104

Hi there @CLenses!

Don here from Shopify.

Could you let us know a bit more about why you want to remove the region option from your checkout form?

Would you only be shipping domestically, to your own country, or is there some other reason?

The more information you can give us here the better we will be able to understand and help out.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 0

Hi Don,

Thank you for your feedback,

We are shipping only domestically and the region field is generating (user input) errors in the deliveries.

Thank you,

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
826 50 104

Hi again!

Don from Shopify once more.

Thanks for confirming that! 

As it would not be possible to edit the checkout area in this way, you would not be able to remove a field from these forms.

What you can do, however, if you only ship domestically would be to only set up shipping rates which apply to your own country.

If you have only added rates for this country, this will be the only option available in the region drop-down at the checkout, meaning customers will only be able to enter the correct country here.

Try this out by removing any other countries from your shipping zone in the settings > shipping menu in your admin, clear the cache on your browser and take a look at how your checkout performs then.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 0

Hello Don,

Thanks for your help!

I already do that, I have one country, only. There is some way to remove the region field? See the website above, https://www.kindahome.com/ they change the checkout page and remove the field.They have only a country. How they do that?

kindahome-shopify-checkout.png

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
826 50 104

This is an accepted solution.

Hi again there!

Don from Shopify once more.

I'm afraid we can't comment in any way on stores that may or may not be using Shopify for reasons of privacy or security.

I can confirm that it is not possible to edit the checkout area in this way unless your store would be on Shopify Plus, our enterprise-level package for stores that have outgrown our Advanced Shopify ($299 USD/month) plan and are looking to grow their business further.

You can, however, work within the requirements outlined here to minimise any potential confusion for your customers while checking out.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

0 Likes