Remove Shipping Options

Highlighted
1 0 0

From the Online Store, I duplicated my page and then went into the copy of my page.  In the left-hand column I selected the [Shopify Plugin] Shipping Calculator > Show Shipping calculator? (Set to "No") and then publish the page.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3272 246 562

Hi @Finecheese,

There is a workaround in the Shopify admin to be able to have pickup only but it's not an entirely smooth process. 

If you go to Settings > Shipping > Shipping Zones Section > Edit the desired zone you want free pick up on, for example, United States > Go to price based rates > add a rate called "Pickup in store" > enter in minimum price to trigger your rate if any > check the free shipping rate box.

To display "pick up in-store" to in-state customers only, you can create a new shipping zone called local pickup, for example, then choose United States from the list. For this to work, you'll need to exclude the state from the other United States shipping zone, or it will not let you select it. Once you do that, Shopify will automatically select the state that's available for shipping. Then proceed through the steps above to finish setting up your shipping. 

I understand that is not completely ideal and because of that, I will submit a feature request for this feature on your behalf. 

In the meantime, another potential workaround is to set this up via an app from the Shopify App Store. There are a few different apps for this, let's look at some of the ones I like below: 

Hope this helps! 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3272 246 562

Hi everyone, 

Just a follow up from my message earlier. I came across another app called Zapiet which is now doing a 45 day free trial, which could be worth checking out. The app specializes in-store pickup and delivery also. You can see it here in the app store and the main developer web page here for more information. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Guys

I had the same problem and after some changes its fixed. i hope it can work for you guys too.

You don't have to untick the box of Physical product.

Simply go to your Theme and on top Left corner from the drop down list select Product Pages. it will take you to the product page where it shows shipping estimate.

once on the page you will see the options on left window. Select Product Page and scroll down to the box called Shipping Estimate. just Un tick that box and save you are done. it will apply on other products too.

hope it works ...... good luck

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

@Freddie This is really helpful and indeed solving the "Remove Shipping" bar from the Check-out.

Problem is, it's taking off also the Pick-Up and the Local Delivery options.

Any advice on that?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3272 246 562

Hi @ganjony,

Can you let me know what exactly you did when you say? 

@Freddie This is really helpful and indeed solving the "Remove Shipping" bar from the Check-out.

There were a couple of different methods mentioned in the thread and it would be really helpful to know exactly what you did. Let me know. 

Also, just to note, Freddie is no longer working with Shopify, in case you were expecting a reply.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 2 3

That "shipping calculated at checkout" thing isn't hard to fix. Just go to online store>themes>actions>edit languages>checkout & system (on the right)>filter on shipping>scroll down until you find it.

Hope this helps!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Please, the option to remove the delivery method is necessary for many shops. Letting clients select the delivery shipping method could be very confusing when the shops only offer local pickup for their products. This should be a fundamental feature, instead of a paid feature. I hope Shopify should really consider to enhance this essential feature to suit the needs of pickup-only stores. Thank you.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
130 0 19

Just a quick update.  With the local shipping option, this now seems to work ok.  Just set up shipping, but don't provide any shipping zones, and as long as you have the local pickup enabled, it will allow pick-up only.

Annotation 2020-06-24 092246.jpg

Shopify expert, software developer and designer.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

So what's the solution?

0 Likes