Remove Shipping Options

Highlighted
2 0 1

Is there any way that we can remove the shipping options from the checkout process? We have created a new system to charge for shipping and handling and no longer need it to show during our checkout process.  Currently the shipping option is designated as free but this will be misleading to our customers.  Is there a way to either change the "FREE" designation to "INCLUDED" or to completely remove the shipping section all together?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
241 8 36

Hi, RJ!

Freddie here from the Shopify Support team, happy to help out.

When you are setting up your products, you will want to be sure that you have un-selected the "This is a physical product" option that you see in the Shipping section. Here's a screenshot of what this looks like when you're first entering in your products:

If you set up your products this way, when they are added to the cart and the customer proceeds to the checkout, it will only ask for a billing address and payment information. It will entirely skip the shipping method page, as it's not needed for products that don't require shipping.

I'm not sure what other methods you're using exactly to charge for the shipping of your products, but in case you didn't know, when you set up your products with their proper weights and set them to require shipping in the checkout, you can purchase shipping labels easily at a discounted rate right within your admin! We have more information on Shopify Shipping right here.

I hope this information is helpful, but let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

Freddie
Shopify Support - support@shopify.com

Freddie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 2

Unfortunately, this doesn't work! I have tried this on multiple themes and it has yet to remove that option at checkout. My site is pickup only and I have talked to 7 gurus without any success. Shopify has not been able to help me with resolving this issue and it has been a highly unfortunate experience. What you are presenting should work but it is not and I need real help solving this matter! 

Thank You

2 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3062 229 499

Hi @RJ_Miller and @Waldoway,

As @Waldoway mentions what Freddie suggested doesn't quite work in this instance. By unticking the "This is a physical product" the system will then think the product is a digital product and work. Entirely removing the shipping aspect of the checkout also isn't possible. The only way this could be possible and I'm not even sure it would be then is if you were on the Plus plan to be able to edit the checkout and then make some very customized changes which would require a Shopify Expert

What you could do is change the name of the shipping rate to "Included" instead of "Free" like @RJ_Miller suggested. You would do this when setting the shipping rate in your Shipping settings (Admin > Settings > Shipping > Edit the rate/ zone you want to change). I know this might not be ideal or the perfect solution, but it is the best solution for it right now. I will also put this through as a feature request to the development team for future consideration on both your behalfs. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

So, I've searched and haven't found a working solution and doesn't seem anyone else has either.  Is there anyway we could code this Shipping page out?  If so, does anyone know anybody that would be able to do this?

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Yes i've been wanting to do this also.

I don't charge shipping and i can't seem to find a way to remove the shipping calculated at check out option.

I think it is killing sales as there is an inconsistency to the customer.

I say free shipping, but it says it's calculate. I think it is bad for credibility.

Be great if there was a way to completely remove it. 

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 4

I also want to remove 'Shipping Options'. I only want to offer 'Store Pickup' at this point. I'd like to offer shipping for some products and pick-up only for other products. Is this possible?

4 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3062 229 499

Hi @GregBuck,

Good question. 

I'm wondering if the following method can work for you here? One of the easiest ways to make a shipping rate for local pick up or pick up in-store is to create a new manual rate within the relevant Zone

You can learn more about Manual Rates here, and review the method for creating a Price-based rate here.

Usually, adding a Price-based rate is the simplest solution. This means, going to Settings > Shipping and clicking Edit beside the relevant Zone!

• Choose Add rate,
  • enter in the Name
  • and price Range (something like min $0, max $no limit)
  • and then Save!

You'll want to choose a title that would make sense to your customers at the checkout stage. So, if they live locally they can know pick up is an option, and if they are not local, they won't choose the free rate. Can you let me know if this works for what you're looking for? 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 3

Actually, it is a critical part. Technically, it should be disabled the site shipping and forward directly to the payment site. This problem is an old one. Why Shopify is not fixing this problem? I am really thinking to change from Shopify to another provider. I contacted Shopify 6 month ago. Please make a redirection to the payment site instead of the shipping site. Is that so complicated?

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

I have seen this question asked a few times but still haven't seen a great answer.

We are a PICKUP only shop. Would like to remove shipping option entirely as customers are confused....

3 Likes