Remove Shipping at checkout (for a Click and Collect store)

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi there, I hope someone can help.

I am creating a Shopify store for physical products but we will be offering Collection ONLY (at least for the initial month or so) from the store.

1 - How can I remove shipping section at the checkout?

2 - After removing Shipping, Can I still request contact info from the buyer 

3 - Are there any apps that can help me with pre arranging allocated customer collection times (per purchase).

Thanks in advance!! 

Ray 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1633 99 357

Hey, @Ray1879!

Disclaimer: If you are selling physical products, that do need to be shipped out in the future, then you would not want to process the step below as you would not be able to mark the item as fulfilled, process a shipping label, and add tracking information. 

To remove the shipping page, it would require that all of your products be marked as "non-shippable" within the admin. You can see this option under the "shipping" section when editing a product: 

20-04-y1pa2-68yik

By disabling this option, it is telling the system that the checkout does not require collecting shipping information, only billing information, and would disable the shipping page of the checkout. 

3 - Are there any apps that can help me with pre arranging allocated customer collection times (per purchase).

> Not sure I understand what you're after here, could you elaborate? 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi there, that is great. I have unchecked that box on all the products. 

So now there is no "Shipping" option on the check out, but, the word "shipping" does still appear on notifications such as, customer; order confirmation emails, order confirmation sms's, fulfillment emails etc.. This can cause confusion to customers. What is the easiest was to remove the word "Shipping" from all areas?

regarding; 

3 - Are there any apps that can help me with pre arranging allocated customer collection times (per purchase)

I meant, if I would like my customers to be able to select a pickup / collection time slot upon checkout (1 time slot per customer to avoid double bookings), it there an app for that? 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1633 99 357

@Ray1879 

Thank you for the context! Knowing a bit more about what you're aiming to achieve, I can confirm that the suggestion on marking the products as "non-shippable" would not be the best workaround as you are, in fact shipping your products in the way of allowing customers to pick them up. Billing and shipping information would be required for the type of business you're operating in this case, so it would not be possible to avoid the shipping page. Without a shipping page, your customers will not have the option to select a shipping rate, or in this case, a pickup option. That said, if you aim to offer time slots, then you could look into using Store Pickup + Delivery as this app allows your customers the flexibility to choose what time they pick up their order. If you're okay with not offering timeslots, then you could consider using Shopify's free "Local Pickup for Online Orders" feature. 

Touching on the notifications, these are only sent out when they are triggered. All notification emails can be seen in Settings/Notifications, which will outline what action is required for the email to be sent. If that action is not triggered (i.e. it is not applicable for your business), then the email/SMS would not be sent. Though, if you aim to edit the templates, you can do so by clicking each one, then editing the HTML code to remove the word "shipping" and replace it with text that is more geared to your business. It would require editing each notification that applies to your business, as there is not a way to do this in bulk. 

Let me know your thoughts!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

Hi

I have a related question - in summary we dont see the Prepare Pickup features even when enabled

We have a single location and want local pickup only no shipping. We have enabled local pickup in settings > shipping and it says our location "offers pickup" and has fulfill checked. We have removed the shipping option from the checkout by unticking "this is a physical product" for each product. Before we did this we saw Shipping and Local Pickup choices  Using Bogus gateway and no accelerated checkout or Apple, Google pay etc.  These settings appear to give a clean simple purchase experience.

However seen from the customers point of view the checkout / order confirmations do not mention local pickup (although we can modify templates to include words on it) but more importantly the order processing for the store staff is not offering a Prepare Pickup, instead just a normal Fulfill button. its as if local pickup is not switched on. Have tried with and without inventory only one product in the cart We are in the UK using latest Debut theme a few days old ( (v16.5.5).

Any help much appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

Update on above post. Shopify support confirmed this is expected behavior and there is currently no facility to remove the shipping option when using local pickup.  They have raised a feature request but no guarantee this will be prioritized.

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 6

I would like to bump that it is very frustrating that shopify does not have an option where you can list local in-store pickup but NOT shipping.

6 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

Agree that Shopify needs to give us the option to remove shipping as an option at checkout. Shipping is not an option for our temporary sale (which is pick up only) and this is a very confusing scenario for shoppers to see shipping as an option at checkout.

2 Likes