Rental store app - ideas?

2 0 0

Hi All....I have a question...can someone recommend an app that will allow me to offer rentals of equipment from third party vendors...

what I need is something that will allow my customers to book a piece of gear, check a calendar for it's availability, then automatically send a booking request to the third party...is there a decent app that'll do this? Cheers Marcus

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
132 14 14

Hey there @marcusc !

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'd be happy to recommend a couple of apps for your business rental needs.

The Book that app will allow your visitors to book for a specific date and time. The app is free for the first 10 bookings, and will begin to charge $19.95/month USD afterwards. Similarly, the Rentals and reservations app offers the 10 first bookings free, charging $19/month USD for up to 99 bookings a month.

While these apps won't automatically send your third party vendors a request, you can add a vendor as a fulfillment service which will automatically send them an email with the order details once a product or order has been marked as Fulfilled. If for some reason the vendor comes back to you letting you know the product is unavailable, you can refund or cancel the order.

In taking this approach, you'll want to ensure that your products are assigned to the appropriate "fulfillment service" or third party vendor by going into your Bulk Editor. You can go to your Bulk Editor on your Products page by selecting some or all products and clicking on Edit products. In the Bulk Editor, you'll want to select Add fields and find the Fulfillment service field under Shipping. This will populate a Fulfillment service column in which you can select the appropriate third party vendor for each individual product. Alternatively, you can reach out to the third party vendors manually to request rental services before fulfilling orders.

If you'd like to design something more specific to your business needs, you can also hire an Expert to develop custom code or an app that can automate this process for you. I hope this information offers the guidance you need to find a suitable solution for your business. If there's anything I can clarify, please let me know!

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thanks for getting back to me - helpful advice

Cheers
Marcus
0 Likes