Replacing Bank Account for Payments - Old routing and account number not recognised

Simply4
Visitor
2 0 0

I tried this morning to change bank accounts in my Shopify settings and it keeps telling me that the numbers are not recognized. I had a chat session with a rep this morning name Paul, and he was suppose to have someone reach out to me today to fix this problem. However, no one has and I need this problem fixed ASAP. We are moving into a store front and I need my payments to go to the correct account. Please advise how to correct this so my store can get paid. 

Replies 3 (3)

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hi, @Simply4!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community. 

I understand you're looking to change the bank account associated with your Shopify Payments account, but are unable to remember the previous information that was entered, or it was originally entered incorrectly.

You've taken the proper steps to get this resolved by contacting our support team via chat. In order for our team to look into cases like this and assist with making changes to sensitive information, authentication on the account in question is required. It sounds like my colleague Paul has completed authentication and has escalated this case to our appropriate team. While we're unable to guarantee a timeframe for turnaround on these sorts of cases, I can assure you that our team works hard to ensure each case is handled with care and in a timely manner. Once our team has had the opportunity to action your request, you should receive an update via email. I hope to see this sorted out for you shortly. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Simply4
Visitor
2 0 0
Thank you for the response. However, as of this moment if we receive any
payouts they will go into the wrong account which doesn’t help me
efficiently or effectively run my business. I was told by another
representative on Friday that the wait for someone to get back to me was
24-72 hours. Is that not not the case now? ##- Please type your reply
above this line -##
--
Simply Four Decor
Jefferson, GA 30549
706-387-8624
678-675-4123 cell
simplyfourdecor@gmail.com
Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hi, @Simply4

Thank you for getting back to me. I absolutely appreciate the concern with this case. I also definitely agree that you wouldn't want payouts to go to an incorrect bank account, so you may consider deactivating Shopify Payments and using an alternative payment gateway (such as PayPal) until the bank account is sorted out with your Shopify Payments account. 

While the standard reply time we aim for in these cases is within 72 business hours, there are times due to business volume that we unfortunately do not meet this timeframe. For this reason, we're unable to guarantee the time it will take for each case to be resolved. We always aim to get back to our users the earliest possible, so as soon as we have an update you should receive that via email. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.