Request for Philippine Provinces/States in Shipping Zones

Highlighted
2 0 7

Hi Shopify Team,

Would it be possible if Shopify can add the different provinces/states in the Philippines like you have for other countries so we can apply different shipping zones for different areas? We mainly calculate shipping cost based on the different provinces/states, much like in the US for the different states. I saw that you guys did this for Mexico when one person in the forum requested for it. I hope you can do the same for the Philippines. This province is also something that must be entered in the shipping address in the Philippines. It will go a long way in making it easier to set the shipping rate for us, and would be greatly appreciated. 

The list of provinces/states are as follows:

Abra
Agusan del Norte
Agusan del Sur
Aklan
Albay
Antique
Apayao
Aurora
Basilan
Bataan
Batanes
Batangas
Benguet
Biliran
Bohol
Bukidnon
Bulacan
Cagayan
Camarines Norte
Camarines Sur
Camiguin
Capiz
Catanduanes
Cavite
Cebu
Compostela Valley
Cotabato
Davao del Norte
Davao del Sur
Davao Occidental
Davao Oriental
Dinagat Islands
Eastern Samar
Guimaras
Ifugao
Ilocos Norte
Ilocos Sur
Iloilo
Isabela
Kalinga
La Union
Laguna
Lanao del Norte
Lanao del Sur
Leyte
Maguindanao
Marinduque
Masbate
Metro Manila
Misamis Occidental
Misamis Oriental
Mountain Province
Negros Occidental
Negros Oriental
Northern Samar
Nueva Ecija
Nueva Vizcaya
Occidental Mindoro
Oriental Mindoro
Palawan
Pampanga
Pangasinan
Quezon
Quirino
Rizal
Romblon
Samar
Sarangani
Siquijor
Sorsogon
South Cotabato
Southern Leyte
Sultan Kudarat
Sulu
Surigao del Norte
Surigao del Sur
Tarlac
Tawi-Tawi
Zambales
Zamboanga del Norte
Zamboanga del Sur
Zamboanga Sibugay

Sincerely,

Philo

7 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
253 1 25

Hi there! 

My name is John and I'm a Guru here at Shopify!

Thanks for taking the time to post your request here on our merchant forums.

I have personally passed this info along to our product support network team to outline your request. :)

We rely on proactive merchants like you to bring these requests to our attention here so we can work on bringing priority features to the platform with each update.

While I can't give a timeline on the inclusion of Filipino regions in the shipping settings, I do want to thank you for letting us know about this so we can grow and build the platform in the most useful way possible.

Best of luck with everything! :)

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 7

Thanks, John.

Hope it will get implemented. I don't want to push my luck, but for the Mexico sample I mentioned earlier, they were able to implement the change within a couple days of posting. I'm crossing my fingers it will be implemented in a similarly fast manner.

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

Any update on this request please? I'm currently having the same problem where customers in the Philippines are choosing the cheapest shipping rate which does not apply to their delivery address. Could you please get this sorted as soon as possible?

Hope to hear from you soon

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

This is also my problem. Usually, local couriers in the Philippines charge shipping fee by whether you are whithin Metro Manila or not. But since we cannot differentiate the shipping charges based on different regions in the Philippines, I have to set flat rate for all which ultimately means my Metro Manila customers are paying way higher than they are supposed to. 

I also offer free shipping for orders above certain amount within Metro Manila, however my customers from other regions will also be automatically able to avail it. 

I hope to hear a positive update on this topic soon!

Thank you.

Donna

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

Any update regarding this?

We are really looking forward to having this implemented.

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm having the same problem. People tend to always choose the cheapest shipping fee without checking whether the option is applicable to their areas or not. I just hope Shopify will do something about this as soon as possible. I had a conversation via chat with one of the reps, Basil, and he said that he'll bring it up to the people in charge. Hopefully, something will really come out of this. I mean, c'mon. It's not as if only one person is requesting for it. If Shopify wants more Filipino clients, then they should at least make improvements. Adding Philippine provinces to shipping options would actually be a very helpful step. Thanks in advance Shopify team.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Still waiting for this one. Any update?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, any update???? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 6

Hi please have this feature available please.

0 Likes