Reserved inventory

Explorer
50 1 23
Hi there

We are looking for a way to hold inventory for draft orders. It sounds like items can be reserved however this is not reflected in the actual inventory count for a certain item.

Are there any other ‘hacks’ around this Shopify limitation? Or is anyone from Shopify able to provide insights how this function was intended to be used?

Draft orders are pointless for accurate inventory management if inventory is not decimated for draft orders on hold/reserved items.

Thanks,
Evert
Tourist
6 0 2

I agree, I have clients that run an omin-channel shopify account (eCommerce + POS) they have good customers that will call in to ask for an item to be put on hold, and with draft orders not being able to reserve inventory that can result in over-selling an item.

Tourist
4 0 2

PLEASE HELP!!!

Shopify told me before I moved over and spend a ton of time and money that I could 'reserve' inventory!

However, now I'm too far in and i'm seeing all my 'reserved' inventory is not actually being represented in inventory count creating COMPLETE CHAOS!

Their response is almost non existent , they're catch all 'we'll put it on the development list ' but i don't have a year to wait or longer for a solution. We have HUGE orders from email, phone, whatsapp that is created in the backend by one of our representatives and our inventory seems to be getting worse and worse. 

Yes I'm looking for an app or even a god for saking report I can reference. I've been told it's a 'magic' number; 'trust' shopify is deducting it so no one can purcahse at an online level, yet my POS and Drafts are crazy wrong (inventory wise).

I know this thread's about a year old ... but nothing?

Shopify Partner
2569 133 433

To sync multiple channels and or systems inventory for these types of workflows you will need an app, a shopify tool like usemechanic.com , or service that enables this automation integromat, zapier,etc

@Jon_Nusz wrote:

Shopify told me before I moved over and spend a ton of time and money that I could 'reserve' inventory!

You may want to elaborate , is the reserve action not being used when draft orders are created?

17-52-27hsb-5hzba

@Jon_Nusz wrote:

I've been told it's a 'magic' number; 'trust' shopify is deducting it so no one can purcahse at an online level,

Why trust when you can verify. Set some inventory to a test product and make the relevant test orders on the online store.

Docs clarification about inventory levelhttps://help.shopify.com/en/manual/orders/create-orders#:~:text=doesn't%20adjust%20their%20actual%20...

Longer ongoing discussion https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Inventory-management-on-manual-orders/td-p/382290 

For developers reserve inventory is immutable https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-APIs-SDKs/Draft-Order-quot-Reserve-Items-quot/td-p/602067 

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 2

Thanks! Yes I've read around the different links provided and checked we have a few orders that i've looked into and 'RESERVING' draft does not affect inventory count or movement.

The main issue is I cannot use a third party app called WHOLESALE CLUB once I take the order out of draft (into invoice). 

I need that there so when I adjust (add, remove, exchange) products in the draft I can hit 'more options' and use this app to calculate the order against the customers wholesale level (tag) and provide the proper wholesale price to the draft. Some of these orders could be in excess of 50 -75 k so it's an extremely important - we need committed inventory calculated or viewable. 

I've seen some of these questions date back 3 years on the shopify community and NO update. It seems shopify doesn't care or are unwilling for some reason to provide a solution.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2569 133 433

@Jon_Nusz wrote:

The main issue is I cannot use a third party app called WHOLESALE CLUB once I take the order out of draft (into invoice). 

I need that there so when I adjust (add, remove, exchange) products in the draft I can hit 'more options' and use this app to calculate the order against the customers wholesale level (tag) and provide the proper wholesale price to the draft. Some of these orders could be in excess of 50 -75 k so it's an extremely important - we need committed inventory calculated or viewable. 

That is an issue to take up with the third party, or create a custom solution that manipulates drafts,invoices, and inventory according to the business need.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes