Restrict Afterpay for specific items

Highlighted
1 0 0

Did you find a solution? I want to use Afterpay and upgrade to a higher Shopify plan to use gift cards for the holidays. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I've read the above thread and am wondering if anyone got to the bottom of this?

We are based in New Zealand and want to be able to offer Afterpay on a number of products above a certain $ threshold. 

I've followed this link :https://afterpay-online.readme.io/docs/shopify-us-afterpay-product-page-display which puts the breakdown of payments on all our products including some items for $14... 

I've spoken to Afterpay who have passed the buck to Shopify saying that Shopify have limited the redirection of payments, saying that you can't hide Afterpay when you get to the checkout.

Is there anyway to just display the Afterpay breakdown on certain products even if Afterpay will still display in the checkout for all products? It would be nice to show the separate installments on more expensive products.

Really appreciate any help on this topic in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

It's unprofessional on Shopify's behalf not to make this available to it's store owners, and the reason is it is a feature on Shopify Plus that generates $24k per store minimum, so really they are trying to hold us to ransom, Sign up to Shopify Plus and you can have it, and if you don't sign up, well then we will provide you with an excuse about security at the checkout, even though this security risk doesn't effect members on the higher plan who are paying a minimum of $2k per month for their plan, which is locked into a 12 month contract.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Nick, if it is available on Shopify Plus, with no issues of customising it, then it should be available as a paid feature for other plans. I have been requesting this for over 13 months now, and it seems many others are too, however Shopify are protecting their Shopify Plus Plans, which is holding others to ransom which is taking a huge hit on their bottom line!

0 Likes
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3328 248 585

Hi @HelloDrinks,

Thank you for the feedback. I will be sure to pass this along to the team on your behalf. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm new the Shopify world and still yet to go live, but we have a large range of product with little to no margin and offering ZipPay is not an option on these products given the costs of these services.  It is difficult for us to compete online if we can't restrict these products from being purchased via ZipPay or After Pay.  However, on the flip side, other products qualify for these buy now pay later solutions and it would be detrimental to remove this payment method completely for the sake of just relatively small range of products.

Would love to know if there is a solution to this issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Nick, 

any chance there has been an update to this Thread, offering a simpler way to restrict certain products from the Afterpay payment Gateway?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3328 248 585

Hi @BrendanAK,

There is still no update on this and I, unfortunately, can't provide a time frame. Once you have a gateway set up on your store, it would make it possible to purchase all items on the store or none of them via that gateway. 

I will be sure to update this thread if this changes. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes