Restrict Shipping Methods on Specific Items

Highlighted
1 0 0

I am in the process of evaluating Shopify. I want to offer UPS and USPS shipping for most items. But there are a few items that we cannot ship by USPS. Is there a way to restrict the available shipping methods on a per-item basis?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
178 0 13

Hello,

Christine here from the Shopify Guru team - thanks for reaching out!

To offer product based shipping rates you can use an app from the Shopify app store called Better Shipping Shipping. Better Shipping allows you to create individual shipping rules based on the products and or the shipping address.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you need anything else. I am just a click away :)

Cheers,
Christine 
Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
4266 32 434

A more nuanced answer is that any shop can control shipping with their own shipping responses, whatever they may be, using scripting commands that act according to the checkout details, which Shopify will conveniently send to you. 

There are so many shipping exceptions that can challenge a merchant, knowing you can script your way to a satisfactory response is also very important information. 

Limiting yourself to recommending one App is like telling someone they can rent a Ford Fiesta for their dream holiday travels. Sure, it's a car, and they do need to rent a car, but really, you want the family in one of those cars with luggage, day in, day out? 

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 7

Hey Bill,

Can you point me in the right direction for more information about these scripts, please? Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

You can very easily mark those products which do not go with USPS with a product type such as 'no-USPS' and then frame automation rules in the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app that will allow you to show UPS for these products only. Similarly you can set conditions on other products as well.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes