Restrict coupon code to users which share same email domain name

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Shopify community!

I'm moving a client's shop over to Shopify from the existing Woocommerce platform. 

I'm struggling to find info regarding a core scenario which we rely on for limiting coupon codes to users from specific companies.

The shop sells vitamin subscriptions. We offer corporates personalised discounts for their employees. 

Currently this is handled in Woocommerce like this:

Coupon code "ACME" is created and then limited to users with email addresses ending in "@acme.com".

All existing and new users within this criteria can use this coupon code. 

In Shopify, I see that coupons can be limited to customer groups, but you can only manually assign existing users to a group. When we onboard a new corporate, they direct hundreds of users to register on our site. We can not manually assign each new user to a customer group before they can use their coupon code, this would not be feasible for so many new customers. 

I need a simple solution as we currently use. 

Is this possible with Shopify, or is there an add-on which can provide this functionality?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,
Matt

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

UPDATE - RESOLVED

Shopify supports this scenario inherently. 

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/customers/manage-customers#create-customer-groups

Follow the instructions in above link to create customer groups. This group automatically adds new users to this group if they match given criteria.

In my case I will enter filter according to email domain "@domain-name.com". 

Before you can create a group you will need at least one existing customer - simply create a dummy customer and you will then be able to proceed.

Good luck, 

Matt 

0 Likes