Restrict payment methods to be available based on products

Tourist
9 0 2

Hi,

Currently we had 2 payment method Paypal and Amazon pay. Do Shopify can restrict payment methods to be available based on products.

Example 

Product A: Can pay with Paypal and Amazon pay

Product B: Only can pay with Paypal

Product C: Only can pay with Amazon pay

Thanks in advance

Jackie

1 Like
Community Manager
Community Manager
2117 128 271

Hi Jackie,

Nick here from Shopify. ?

This is a great question, but currently not something which would be possible to do on the Shopify platform right now. Could elaborate a little bit about why you would want this, and how it would benefit you or make your life easier while selling? I could then pass this back to the payments team for future consideration on your behalf.

Kind Regards,

Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi Nick

Thanks for your reply. We are planning collaborate with other brand have some limited edition products, that is one of requirement from them.

Best Regards

Jackie 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi Nick,

We would also like this option. Or an option to send invoices on certain products rather than take payment immediately, but only on certain products. I've literally just done research to consider transferring my shop from Squarespace to Shopify if this was an option but unfortunately it seems like it's not possible on Shopify either. 

1 Like
1 0 1

Hi Nick,

We would like this functionality too.

For example, we have a local deposit and we want COD and credit card payments. But we also want to add some products with drop shipping and we want to offer just credit card payment.

Do you think is doable from Shopify's point of view?

Thank you,

Alex

1 Like
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I know it's possible with 3rd party apps because I am able to restrict payment gateways for usage with store credit in rewardify. Another reason this is very much needed in my instance - is in regard to clearance or items you're offering at lowest prices (stale inventory etc). It's hard to justify paying a 6% transaction fee with gateways such as Sezzle on items marked down so low. So, I am specifically looking for this option as well. I would love to run a recurring daily deal, but I do not want to allow sezzle as a payment option on these lower priced items. 

0 Likes