Restrict use of voucher when order qualifies for free shipping

2 0 0

Hi there,

I would like to implement free shipping for orders over a set value, e.g. shipping becomes free when the customer adds £100 or more to the shopping card. This is all straight forward and I don't require help setting it up

However...

• Is there a way to restrict the use of vouchers for customers that are getting free shipping?

OR

• Is it possible to allow the customer to pick whether they want free shipping or use a voucher?

Thanks,

Nigel

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
123 6 22

Hey @ncooney,

Shipping and discount codes are an unfortunate pain point. This is because a customer enters their shipping address first, and then the option to add a coupon code is the page after this. With your current configuration, a customer will still be able to use a coupon code after qualifying for free shipping.

Something that may be a decent workaround is creating two coupons: one for free shipping, and another for a discount on the order (the coupon you already have). Because you can't stack coupon codes with Shopify, this leaves your customers the option of either getting free shipping over £100 or using your current discount code. 

I hope this helps!

Warm regards,
Sharon 

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles

0 Likes