Restricting delivery of certain products to only local postcodes?

1 0 0

Hi there,

I'm in the process of setting up my first store with Shopify. One of the requirements my girlfriend has is that there are a number of fresh food products that we only want to offer for delivery to local postcodes in Melbourne, Australia. The rest of the products would be avaiable for delivery to all postcodes in Australia.

Does anyone know if there is a solution for this...maybe an App?? Note that I've been in touch with Andrew the developer of the Local Delivery and Better Shipping Apps and he said that his apps couldn't do this and he didn't know anything that could. Worth pointing out that Andrew responded to my question within about 10 minutes which I thought was pretty amazing customer service.

Sam

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
158 0 14

Hi Sam!

Currently our app store does not offer an app with the functionality that complies with your exact requirements. 

My advice is that you reach out to our dedicated panel of experts who will gladly assist you on this issue. Simply click into their respective profiles and you can contact them directly to discuss the task at hand, and the specifics of your request and whether a suitable app could be developed to suit your needs:

https://experts.shopify.com/developers

Otherwise, I certainly recommend that you post this query on our Shopify Apps forums section where merchants commonly post a query about needing an app with a particular function and Shopify Experts and other app developers are on hand to lend their expertise:

https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/shopify-apps

Hope this helps!

Andrew
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
227 0 3

Hello,

Answering for the benefit of others with similar query.

There is a feature in Shopify which allows you to add the products based on zones (see the image below). So, you can add the required product based on the zone and restrict the product based on that. But, you can only do it based on states and not for specific areas. 

To handle this, go to Shipping settings > Manage Rates > Shipping to > Create Zone >Provide a name for the zone > Select Victoria

Screenshot 2019-11-19 at 11.47.09 AM.png

Now, use the Australia Post Rates & Labels app, which will help you calculate rates based on these settings. You can also print the labels or your orders and handle tracking as well.

Screenshot 2019-11-19 at 11.50.51 AM.png

0 Likes