Restricting where certain products can be shipped

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello

I sell internationally and there a number of products that I sell that I want to restrict shipping to the US and Canada only. Everything else, I would like to be able to ship anywhere in the world. 

It seems like this is not possible as Shopify does not support product based shipping.  Is there some kind of workaround so that I can restrict where certain products can be shipped?  The Better Shipping app will not work as I offer multiple shipping options to customers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Take care
Patrick

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hey Patrick,

While there is no way to set shipping for individual products you could work around the problem depending on how your shipping is set up. If you make your rates yourself instead of using carrier-calculated-shipping you could always say a product weighs a certain amount that is outside the range of your international shipping. You could set the weight of the object at 150 kg and put the range 150kg - kg your products normally weigh +150kg as a shipping rate for Canada and the US and do not set a rate for that weight internationally. It is the only work around I can think of other than simply adding a disclaimer on the products saying that you do not ship them internationally.

Cheers,

Nicole

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Nicole

Thank you for the answer.  I think that the system I set up will work so that I can exclude certain products for shipping outside of the US.  I'll have to do some testing.

I don't understand why Shopify doesn't allow us to have more control over the shipping options.  We really need to be able to specify shipping options at the product level.  If you sell electronics, some devices are 100-240V and will work worldwide and others are 110V and will only work in North America.  I should be able to control where products ship based on where they will work without having to trick their system.

Also, it would useful to be able to specify that certiain products are shipped via a flat rate shipping method if it was less expensive for certain items.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
89 0 6

Patrick, do you drop-ship any of your products, or are you stocking all that inventory?

shippingwiz@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

It's my inventory.  I use Webgistix to warehouse and fulfill the orders though.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
89 0 6

In that case, I have an idea for you.  Hit me up by email.

Nice name, by the way....much better than Mt Baker Vapor ;-)

shippingwiz@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Any solution for this? I have the exact same issue. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Patrick,

I am hoping that you can help me.  I have a small business where I make bath soaps and salts.  I am trying to determine if there is anything special in need in order to ship my products Canada, United Kingdom,European Union, Puerto Rico, and Australia.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Likes