Return Shipping Labels

Tourist
12 0 7

We have been using Shopify Shipping for our orders and now have a customer that needs to return items that were incorrectly fulfilled. We would like to print a return shipping label (at our expense) to provide to the customer but I don't see anywhere in the system to do this.

Can someone point me in the right direction so we can get this customer satisfied? Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
166 0 24

Hi there,

Phil from the Shopify Support team here. Currently you are not able to purchase return labels from within the Shopify admin. A feature that has been brought to our attention by merchants before. I'll take your forum post and submit it in as a feature request. 

What I recommend for you to do as a work around is install the Shippo app. This is an app that will allow you to purchase labels from multiple carriers. The best part about it is that it's free, you just pay for the postage. Shippo has the ability for you to purchase return labels which will allow you to sort out to return for your customer. 

Regards

Phil

1 Like
Tourist
6 0 1

ktpupp,

If you and your customer are in Canada, you can use Canada Post.  You set-up an account with them, and then your customers can print their own labels to ship items back to you at your expense. You can add a Returns page to your shopify store with the instructions and link to Canada Post.

Check out this link:

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/products/details.page?article=manage_your_returns_

Mark

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

that the shopify shipping doesn't allow you to do return labels is a basic fail. i'm actually shocked at this. did you do any actual user testing. it's something every shop MUST deal with.

i'm going back to ShippingEasy. was always so simple with their app. and it's free until you ship over 50 packages a month i think. well worth the cost to have basic features. 

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 2

I've read several posts just like this... most of them marked with "this post is outdated and has been closed".  I figured Shopify must have done something to rectify the problem.  Sadly, I've found that is not the case.  This isnt the first time you've heard the complaint and it will not be the last.  It really is something that one would expect from a website offering templates for sales businesses.  Sales and returns inevitably go hand in hand.

Please put a developer on it and get back to us with a solution - aside from being forever grateful, you could then consider your Christmas shopping for me done!

Thanks for hearing us out.

2 Likes
Tourist
8 0 3

I want to add my voice to the chorus: not having a return label option is patently ridiculous. It's been 10 months since the initial reply to this post. You folks really need to make this happen.

2 Likes
1 0 1

Still waiting.

1 Like
5 0 0

Hello we are in the final stages of developing an app for this exact purpose. 

With our app you will be able to email prepaid reutrn shipping labels to your customers. 

Email me at kenneth.mack@live.com if you would like to try our app

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
4 0 0

Hi everyone,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your need for a return labels solution in Shopify. I am happy to share that we recently added the ability for merchants in the United States to create return labels for domestic orders and email them to their customers from the order page. There's no additional setup required and you get the same discounted shipping rates that are available through Shopify Shipping.

Learn how to create a return label for an order here.

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2

Well I'm in Canada (you know, the country where Shopify is based?) and it's still not available. It's almost as annoying as the fact I'm billed in US dollars, although I'm about a 15 minute drive from Shopify headquarters.

Is there any plan to roll this out to Canada?

0 Likes