Reverse auction app for vendors

7 0 0

Anybody know if there is a shopify app that allows multiple vendors to bid to fulfil my orders? 

Scenario is I provide a proof reading service via shopify to my customers. I therefore have multiple 3rd party vendors (proof readers) who could fulfil this order.

I want them to be able to see the available orders and if they can meet the minimum price and deadline to “bid” for this work. 

I then want to be able to see all the “bids” for each order and choose which “vendor” to assign it to. 

The app would then need to inform the vendor of the assigned order and allow them to update when the completed. 

Anything like this exist? :-)

0 Likes
Explorer
296 0 24

Nope.. But I'd like to work something like this for you. Sounds very interesting. Ping me up if you are interested at hymnz(@)outlook(dot)com

I make apps and can help you in setting up payment gateways..
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
254 1 20

Hi there Paul!

My name is John and I'm a Guru here at Shopify!

That's an interesting one, for sure. :)

As you might already be aware, we have apps that handle Multi-Vendor type setups and a few apps that handle Product Auction scenarios, though there doesn't seem to be anything that covers exactly what you need; especially with reference to the lowest-bid, reverse-auction requirement.

What I would advise in this situation is to reach out to the developers of one or both of these apps to outline your requirements. It seems like the product auction type app might be able to make a small customisation that would allow their product to be used in reverse, though you'd need to talk to the app developers for confirmation here.

If this is feasible you could then try to collaborate between yourself and the developers of the auction and multi-vendor apps to see if their products can be used together to create exactly the setup you need.

Failing all of that, there are still some options open to you! :)

You could definitely approach an Expert Developer to create a custom app solution that would be able to put together the functionality you need.

Best of luck with finding a workable solution!

Regards,
John

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
95 0 1

Controversial issue no doubt. Bidding is a tough concept!

You might hear conflicting perspectives from marketing agencies on this issue. Here’s why.

We've had the chance to work with hundreds of retail brands, from Fortune 500 companies to growth stage startups. As a result, we’ve gained a substantial breadth of experience to inform our judgment on the topic of bidding.

Now, there are a ton of factors at play when it comes to bidding. Yes, it’s easy to find isolated examples where automatic bidding performed well. But that doesn’t necessarily apply across the board for different brands with different budgets and goals.

We wrote more on this topic here if you want to read further: https://bit.ly/2L4XZPa

Kevin Simonson is the CEO of Metric Digital, a performance marketing agency in New York City that focuses on driving revenue and customers through for ecommerce business via online advertising, email and other digital marketing channels.
0 Likes