Reverse the print order of Packing slips OR shipping labels.

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi everyone, 

I'm having an issue that when I print more than 20 orders at a time the shipping labels and the packing slips do not mach up.  I figured out that the shipping labels print in acending order, while the packing slips print in decending order.  Is there a naitve way to flip one of thse so when I print more than 20 order they can stay in order with one another ?  

I was previously using order printed which but the native way to use packing slips and shipping labels is much more streamlined. 

I am familiar with coding so if its somehing I can do In the code I just need to be pointed in the right direction. 

Thanks !

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
18 0 0

Hi, Owen.

Emma here from Shopify. Thanks for your question. I can certainly understand why you would want to address this!

Have you found a solution that works for your business yet? Currently, we cannot reverse the printing order of packing slips by editing the code, but I'm happy to pass along your feedback to our developers.

Have you tried reversing the printing order in your printer settings yet? Depending on your printer model, you can usually find these settings in the Printer Preferences or Advanced menus. For example, this screenshot below is from an HP Inkjet printer: 

If you can’t find a reverse print order toggle in the printer’s preferences menu you can try entering your desired page range in reverse order in the print dialog’s page range. For example, if you’re printing pages 1 to 8 of a document, enter “8-1” as below:

Reversing the page range in the print dialog box should reverse the order in which the application sends pages to the printer.

Let us know if that helps. How's business going, otherwise? I took a look at your site, and love what you've put together. I've never seen anything like it - what an innovative product! 

Emma | Shopify Support 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am still having this issue. The solutions given above are not available with our printer model. Are there any solutions within shopify or a shopify app?

0 Likes