Rimina.com

Highlighted
3 0 0

I made a purchase at a store that you are hosting on Dec 14, 2018. Now, when I try to check on the order, the website is shut down. I was hoping to get my delivery by Christmas, but that obviously didn't happen.

What is going on?

Rimina.com is the site.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 68

Hi, BigMack1. 

This is Max from the Shopify Team. 

Sorry to hear you're having trouble receiving your order. Shopify is a company that makes software for some Online Stores and Point-Of-Sale systems, as much as we'd like to be able to provide more information about your order, the best place to reach out is to the shop directly.

Shops are operated independently and are responsible for shipping and sending products to customers, and the shipping times can vary so much depending on where they are and what they sell, so asking them for an update is the best first step. Since the link you've mentioned is no longer working, I'd suggest trying to reach out as a reply to your order confirmation email, if that applies. 

If you have no other way of contacting this shop (social media pages, more contact details in correspondence, etc.). Then I would recommend that you contact your bank, or credit card provider and give them the information about your purchase. They'll be able to give you the next steps for reporting and refunding the order.

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks. I've already ordered another card and stopped the old one. I will contact the bank tomorrow morning to see if they have any more information that can help. I have a bad feeling about this since they shut down their website a couple days before Christmas...

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Final update:

I finally tracked down the phone number for the fake "store", and that number was actually a small boutique in Toronto. The lady was very nice, and told me that she's received about 2 dozen calls from irate customers who were duped by this fake store. (I was not one of the irate customers, by the way.)

I also contacted the management of the shopping mall in Calgary, and he told me that Verizon is actually the one in that address, and he's never heard of "Rimina".

At that point, I called my bank, stopped that credit card, obtained a refund since the "goods" were never actually delivered, and ordered a new credit card.

The bad news is that my wife didn't get her Christmas present on Christmas day. The good news is that I'm not out any money, and that was the only charge on my credit card. It could have been much worse.

I've noticed that "mydream300.myshopify.com" is still an active site that you are hosting, so you should probably take it down real soon.

Take care.

Bob McKay

0 Likes