Risk Team Needs Proof of Inventory

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hello Community,

New to Shopify, I have been selling on eBay and other platforms for years. I finally wanted to be more legit so I got an LLC, paid for some trademarks, opened a bank account, and then launched a Shopify site.

I promoted the site on my social media platforms for a few weeks and had record sales! In fact, I have almost sold all my inventory. I sell used clothing that I find for cheap and resell it. I shipped all the items and now needed to provide proof to the risk team of several things including IDs, EIN, etc. They asked for proof of inventory and "dated invoices from suppliers outlining quantities or dated manufacturing agreements". I don't have any because I get the items from other people not manufactures. So I included the photo below as proof of the inventory. I am now getting requests for more proof. Any suggestions?

InventoryInventory

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

UPDATE

Shopify Risk Team has said we are not allowed to use Shopify Payments since we are a consignment store and do not have license to sell certain brands. As a consignment store how can you operate a online store without taking payments?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Update 2

As a consignment store the risk team said we do not have a license to sell any branded products. They said no one on Shopify is allowed to sell anything without a letter from each brand they have listed on their store. I find this hard to believe since I have found several other stores that sell hundreds of brands. I doubt they have permission from every brand. Can anyone provide me with any help?

0 Likes