Romania payment gateway

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello,

I am about to launch my shopify store as an individual, I do not have a registered business. I've seen the Romanian payment gateway, I got declined from 2checkout, adyen and quickpay. Stripe and Shopify payments are unavailable here. What else can I try to set up payment? Is it necessary to have a registered business for this even though I do not know if I am going to make any revenue yet? I've seen posts about setting your address to a foreign country so you can use Stripe (legally) but this seems sketchy to me. Any thoughts?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 44 51

Hello, @Zselter07.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I can appreciate that you tried applying for a merchant account with a few supported payment processors. There are a few more options you can try out, have you taken a look at our list of supported payment gateways in Romania?

As for the business registration, I recommend speaking to the city or a legal advisor locally as we aren’t able to offer legal advice. However, I was able to find an article that might be able to help you out - ‘Starting a Business in Romania, Cutting the Red Tape.’ 

Stripe will likely request documents, such as proof of residence or government-issued photo identification, so I don’t think setting your address to a foreign country will work. Don’t worry, there are other options you can try from our list, such as Authorize.Net or Checkout.com.

I hope this provides a couple of solutions for you to look into! If you have any other questions on this topic, feel free to let me know in this thread.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

You can use Twispay. Add me on Skype: tommyjohnson88 and I can help you

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Zselter07.

I am facing the same problems as you have.

Were you able to find a solution?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 44 51

Hey, @Alex_Comsa.

Thank you for joining the thread! I understand you're also looking for a payment gateway in Romania. There are quite a few payment gateways available, such as Stripe, Authorize.Net, 2Checkout, Checkout.com, eMerchantBroker (EMB), or IDEAL (Mollie). With that said, did you get a chance to view our list of supported payment gateways for Romania? If so, may I know which payment gateways you've tried so far?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes