SHIPPING ERROR PLEASE HELP

Highlighted
46 0 0

Everytime I add a FREE + SHIPPING item to my cart it says "Your cart has been modified and the shipping rate you previously selected no longer applies. Please select a new rate." I am using weighted shipping methods to determine price f the free+shipping items... Any help?? I feel like it drives customers away if they see an error

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 80

Hi, Garland. 

This is Max from the Shopify Team. 

It sounds like your shipping settings might not be matching up with how your products have been formatted. 

Using weight-based rates is often the best way to approach free + shipping equations. Some common errors are merchants having missing gaps between the different shipping rates OR having overlapping weights

Shipping is based on the total order weight or value, so If you have your products at 1lbs each (for example) then you should have a rate for each lb. 0-1lb = $5.00 , 1.1-2lbs = $10.00, 2.1-3lbs = $15.00, etc. and so on. 

If you need some help getting things figured out, or a closer look at your settings please get in touch with us directly.

Cheers,
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
46 0 0

Free Shipping 0 lb – 0.1 lb Free Edit 

Standard Shipping 0.2 lb – 1.1 lb $9.9 5Edit 

Standard Shipping 1.9 lb – 2.1 lb $18.95 Edit 

Standard Shipping 2.9 lb – 3.1 lb $27.95 Edit 

Standard Shipping 3.9 lb – 4.1 lb $36.95 Edit 

Standard Shipping 4.9 lb – 5.1 lb $45.95 Edit 

Standard Shipping 5.9 lb – 6.1 lb $54.95 Edit 

Standard Shipping 6.9 lb – 7.1 lb $63.95 Edit 

Standard Shipping 7.9 lb – 8.1 lb $72.95 Edit 

Standard Shipping 8.9 lb – 9.1 lb $81.95 Edit 

Standard Shipping 9.9 lb – 10.1 lb $90.95 Edit 

Standard Shipping 10.9 lb – 11.1 lb $99.95

@Max these are my rates

0 Likes
Highlighted
46 0 0

Still have issue. Tried making sample package .00001 lb

0 Likes
Highlighted
46 0 0

bump

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi,

I've had similar issues but I managed to fix the problem.

If you still need help let me know.

Ian

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Cat Planet / Ian,

I am encountering this same issue. How did you manage to fix it? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Hello there,

This is the message contained in a red box that I was getting when testing my checkout - 'Your cart has been modified and the shipping rate you previously selected no longer applies. Please select a new rate.'

I fixed the problem after possibly dementing a few helpful Shopify Guru's in the process who spent a considerable time with me on the issue.

1. Go to 'products' and check 'all products' then 'edit products' once they all load click 'add fields' then add 'weight' and 'requires shipping'. Once all the page has loaded with those two new fields you then need to check every box in the 'requires shipping' field. If you have a lot of items then you might want to scroll up and down a few times and double check that all boxes are ticked because if you miss one out that could throw things out later. Next, in the 'weight' field and in every item use 0.0 (kg or lbs) again, double check that all boxes have 0.0 (kg or lbs). Now, if some of your items are 'free plus shipping' then you want to change the 0.0 to 1.0 (kg or lbs) and that's all that's needed for that part. 

2. Go to 'settings/shipping' and then make the domestic shipping rates identical to the rest of the world.

I've attached the shipping rates I use for the 'free plus shipping' method.

This appears to have fixed my cart errors so let me know if it fixes it for you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Rest of world rates.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

If you are shipping heavy items then you will need to reconfigure the shipping weights to suit your needs but the example I have show will be ok for lightly weighted items.

Hope this helps

0 Likes