STORE CREDITS - How to issue credits to a customer account

13 0 0

Hello,

I have a children's clothing consignment store. I need to issue store credits to customers who submit clothing to my store (essentially, I am buying their clothing). There MUST be a better way to do this other than to issue gift cards. Gift cards are basically promo code issue to a particular person, but the customers cannot a) see their balance, or b) see their gift card codes if they lose their email containing this info.

Many ecommerce platforms support this basic feature because so many online retail stores need this functionality. With Shopify, what is the workaround for this? How can I issue store credits directly into a customer's account so that they can a) see their credit amount, and b) have that amount automatically deducted without any action on the customer's part?

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
32 0 2

Hi Liane,

You will need some accounting structure to accomplish this.  Shopify is an excellent e-commerce storefront, but is not (and shouldn't be) designed to carry the back office load as well.

One issue is ownership of the garments - who owns the clothes, and when does the transfer take place? This has accounting implications, you either purchase the goods for sale, or you act as a sales agent on behalf of the owner.

This would be the first step in setting up a back office mechanism to deal with the issue.

If you would like to discuss further, please contact me through Linked In 

ca.linkedin.com/in/raybelanger/

Thanks, Ray

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
35 0 1
Hey Liane,

Were you able to setup a system that does a credit system for you? They're a lot of nuances in consignment business thats hard to make work with Shopify. 

I know this because I too was trying to make a consignment business work with Shopify but couldn't find any solution, after weeks of looking. Eventually I got fed up and ended building a product that just does that. 

For the past few months, we build Frontflip a new and modern consignment software that allows business to decrease cost with tools that saves them time, and increase revenue by making it easier to connect to more sales channels (like Shopify). 

You can view our site here: www.frontflip.co

With the app you will have everything you need to run a consignment model on Shopify.

I would love to chat and help you out, if you do have this problem. You can reach my anytime at: hello@frontflip.co

Menan
0 Likes