Solved

Search does not include return tracking numbers

PulseKyle
Visitor
2 0 0

Searching for a tracking number does not include results for returned items. Only outbound tracking numbers are included in search.

Accepted Solution (1)
Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for getting back to me with these details, @PulseKyle. I appreciate it and it is helpful.

I did some digging and tried this on my test store and received the same result. This is expected behavior in the Shopify admin. Tracking numbers can’t be searched and looked up in the Shopify admin as seen in your example, so I would love to send your feedback up to our developers so that they are aware of this and can work on improving Shopify for you and all merchants.

As a workaround, I recommend taking a look at using Return Magic on your store. Return Magic can help you for your future turns to make it easier for you and your customers to process returns on your store. It integrates with your Shopify or Shopify Plus store to create a seamless return experience for your customers, and you will be able to easily refund your clients on their original payment method (including Amazon Payments, Shopify Payments, etc.), process exchanges or issue new gift card refunds. Return Magic won’t automatically refund your customers, you will always need to approve any transaction.

If we move forward with this suggestion we will let you and all of our merchants know through our changelog or announcements page. If any other thoughts come up, please add them to this thread and I would be happy to take a look and pass them to our developers.

Cheers,

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hey, @PulseKyle.

Tira here to help.

Where are you searching for your tracking numbers? Are you searching for them in the Shopify admin, or in the Shop app

What is it that you are looking to do? I would love to know so that I can dig into this further for you to help.

Talk soon, 

PulseKyle
Visitor
2 0 0

I'm using the search bar at the top of the admin page. We've received a couple of returns at a PO Box that I don't have immediate access to, and I need to see what orders they're associated with. I was able to track them down with a lot of extra steps, but it would have saved me a lot of time and effort if I had just been able to search for the tracking number in the first place. They're on the order page, I fail to see a reason they aren't indexed and searchable. The attached screenshots should help.

PulseKyle_0-1627326961996.pngPulseKyle_1-1627326994068.png

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for getting back to me with these details, @PulseKyle. I appreciate it and it is helpful.

I did some digging and tried this on my test store and received the same result. This is expected behavior in the Shopify admin. Tracking numbers can’t be searched and looked up in the Shopify admin as seen in your example, so I would love to send your feedback up to our developers so that they are aware of this and can work on improving Shopify for you and all merchants.

As a workaround, I recommend taking a look at using Return Magic on your store. Return Magic can help you for your future turns to make it easier for you and your customers to process returns on your store. It integrates with your Shopify or Shopify Plus store to create a seamless return experience for your customers, and you will be able to easily refund your clients on their original payment method (including Amazon Payments, Shopify Payments, etc.), process exchanges or issue new gift card refunds. Return Magic won’t automatically refund your customers, you will always need to approve any transaction.

If we move forward with this suggestion we will let you and all of our merchants know through our changelog or announcements page. If any other thoughts come up, please add them to this thread and I would be happy to take a look and pass them to our developers.

Cheers,