Selling to India ? Do you have the same problem ?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey guys, I just launched my Phone cases ecommerce this week from Canada. I'm working hard on the marketing via social media and i'm already getting like 800 visitors a day with many buyers attempts ... actually ALL from india. I know india buyers are more easy to catch their attentions as online commerce is somehow new to a lot of them. The problem is that NO ONE is actually buying. I don't know if it's because of the USD pricing or if I don't have the good payment gateways for them and it's pretty hard to have a conversation in english with them after their checkout attempt.

Payment Gateways available : Bitcoins - Shopify Payments - Paypal

My Question : Do you have the same problem ? Are you dealing with India buyers ?
I have a lot of interactions with them through shopify and social media - I just want to know if I doing something wrong to make a sell to them and Google is really not helping me with this.

Thanks Guys.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
19 0 5

Hey Samuel,

My name is Brendan and I'm with the Shopify Guru Team :)

After reading this I wanted to make sure we're ruling out any errors on your site. Since you mentioned that *all* of your buyers who are attempting purchases are coming from India, have you properly configured your shipping rates for that area of the world? If you have left your shipping rates as they default in the admin then you should have available rates but they may not be in line with your industry. I would highly recommend reviewing your shipping rates for that area of the world and making sure they make sense with your business model.

Secondly, have you reviewed your abandoned checkouts? To rule out any errors with the customer's cards or the payment gateway I would take a peek through some of your orders to see if there was any failed payment attempts. 

Lastly, I'd highly ecourage some analytics work so that you can pinpoint what pages are being most viewed, what products may be added to the cart the most, and any other trends that may help you market the correct items. If you haven't integrated Google Analytics that's a very powerful (and free) way to start getting this information. We also have a great list of apps that can help. I've posted one example below for example.

https://apps.shopify.com/lucky-orange

I hope this helps Samuel! If you ever wanted to speak directly to us about it, feel free to give us a call or live chat in anytime. We're available 24/7 for anything you can think of :)

support.shopify.com

Thanks,

Brendan | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Actually, there is no orders. Just abandoned checkouts with no infos - I tried to send like 50 emails to bring customers back, without success.

To help you understand my business, i'm dropshipping Iphone cases through a friend in China. I'm giving away ''free'' cases and the customers just have to pay for the shipping - which i'm still making profit through.

I just added a ''India Special Shipping'' with a different to see if this was the problem.
A friend told me that maybe the term FREE for india was too explicit and that they would not understand the concept of the ecommerce.

I would just like ONE of these customers to answer me and understand if 1-they don't want to pay for shipping 2-they can't as they don't have the good payment gateway 3-another option that I don't know lol

We will see I guess. If someone else experienced something like that before ...
Thanks Brendan!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello Samuel,

I am facing the same issue. Did you figure out what was wrong?

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hello Samuel,

i am from india and recently into this shopify from last three weeks Luckily I got first Sale Just now and I want to target my Indian Country and searched something got your link. I will Help you out with ur Query. .

there are Two Possibilities Why it was Happneing

1.Pricing Differs (We Indians are very much Concerned about price of course everyone but we are high in that)

2.Payment Gateways Yes this could be 70% reason because as you are Saying PayPal ,Bitcoing are not a Part of Indian Payments Slowly Just recently PayPal is Entering we need some time to get habituated for PayPal Payment methods and Subscribe things then only Systems Work.

Suggestion: Try Local Payment Gateways Like  PayU, 2Checkout, Citrus likewise then I hope your Cart added products will be Converted as Purchase I’m into this Internet / Digital Marketing field from Many Years but recently heard about Shopify Just tried Now Hope to Get More is Coming Soon

I hope I have Cleared your doubt..!

All the best for Your Shopify Time :)

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 1 12
Thank you for this. I was having the same issue. I need to learn more about issue in India regarding ecommerce.
0 Likes