Send Order to email address before finalized

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Hello,

I just created my first store and input about 100 items that soon will be open for a select few people to order from (access by password). The questions that I have is how do I make an order be sent to an email address for review before payment is rendered? In other words, if I sold a watch I want to order to be emailed to me first. This is so I can review all the information, address, and engraving on the order before the customer actually sends payment. After the review is complete either it sends an invoice or something of that nature to the customer to let them know everything is ready to be paid for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
565 59 108

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Wasabi

Hyde here from Shopify. Congratulations on setting up a new store!

We actually have an order notifications guide here below is a screenshot from the guide:

20-03-kmpbr-1rs9t

You'll notice at the bottom there that there's also a guide on how to get push notifications on your mobile app!

You'll want to decide how you're going to authorize payments and familiarise yourself with authorization periods, here's the guide. I'd recommend too that you practice good fraud prevention techniques when processing orders, here's how you do that.

I hope that helps, happy to answer any other questions you may have.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
229 28 36

Hi!

you can capture payments manually if that is what you want, please see here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/orders/get-paid#capture-payments-manually - with this option, you will have to accept payments manually after you confirm everything is fine with the order. To receive an email for this orders, you will have to add you address to the notifications in your store settings: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-online/notifications/order-notifications#add-a-recipient-for...

However I would give you a recommendation. In order for your business to scale easily, you would like payments to be captured automatically, otherwise that would add an extra time for your orders to be processed. Ideally you can avoid that extra time with some extra work on your storefront, so all orders that you receive have all the neccesary information and you can process them directly.

We help you achieve your Goals! Visit us on: Webmefy.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi @gseilei 

Thank you for your response! I have a physical store that I would like to actually process all orders through. This will help me with fraud prevention while also allowing me to ensure that all information is correct with the order.

In an ideal situation, I would like for a person to be able to go through the store to do their "shopping", add to cart, and then checkout. Once the person hits the checkout button, the system would then send me an email with the order. I would then reach out the that said person and review their order and process it through my physical stores POS. 

In short, I would like to just be able to disable the whole checkout (creditcard, paypal, etc..) process and have it route the order directly to my email.

I believe I do this by:

1. In the Payment capture section, select Automatically capture payment for orders.

2. Click Save.

When I do this does it completely block out the ability to input a credit card inforamtion on the site?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
229 28 36

@Wasabi probably it makes sense then to hae your users place orders on your site and you capture payments manually by using manual payments: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/manual-payments

This allows you to capture payments in an external system

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

@gseilei

I enable the "manual payment methods" as phone conformation and made it active. As shown below. Will that now disable the credit card processing option during the checkout process?

---------

Manual payment methods

Payments that are processed outside your online store. When a customer makes a manual payment, you need to approve their order before fulfilling.

Manual payment methods

Phone Conformation is active
Edit

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
229 28 36

you will have to make sure, that any credit card payment provider is disabled, then phone confirmation would be the only option in the checkout.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

I don't believe I have anything turned on other than the manual phone confirmation. However, when I test an order it still goes to a credit card screen. I know I am missing something simple but I just am not sure what that is. I greatly appreciate all your help to this point.

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 5.52.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-16 at 5.52.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-16 at 5.57.37 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

I take that back, I just did another test order and I believe it worked without going to the credit card screen. However, I didn't receive an email with the order. Can you point me to the correct location to verify the email address the manual orders should be sent to?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
I just started a new store and I would like to change the email that customer see when they get to the shipping confirmation page. As of right now they will an @Gmail.com address i want them to see the info@(my domain name).com to make it more professional looking
0 Likes