Sending orders to multiple fulfillment houses

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey everyone,

I need to send orders to multiple fulfillment houses based on location. As you know currently at Shopify you can send orders to multiple warehouses, but you can do so based on SKU, and not location. In other words, if you are selling apples and bananas, you can tell the system to send apples to fulfillment house A and bananas to fulfillment house B. But you cannot tell the system to send apple orders from Texas to fulfillment house A and apple orders from Connecticut to fulfillment house B. I am looking for a way to do that.

Note, however, that these fulfillment houses are independent from each other (probably competitor to each other), and each use different technology (i.e. 3PL software) to handle their inventory/order management. I am emphasizing this, because there are easy ways to send orders to different warehouses based on location but they usually are warehouses that are under the same roof, and use same technology, belong to same company etc.

I need to be able to send orders to different fulfillment houses that are totally independent from each other - they are separate business and use unrelated software, technology etc.

Anyone can think of a solution?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
498 1 57

Hi Yashir,

Thanks for posting on the forum!

What you could try is reaching out to a 3rd part integration like Stitch labs or another order management app here to see if they can help you manage your orders outside of Shopify using these different technologies, to see if they can help you add that extra level of service! You can do that if you click **Get Support** in the app store when you are looking at an app, and that will go directly to the app dev!

If apps do not work for you and you need a developer to help you create something, you can actually post a job on the Shopify experts page, and see what you hear back :)

I hope this helps!

Warm regards,

Anne

0 Likes
Highlighted
38 0 0

I use Librex Fulfillment as my fulfillment house. I also use other fulfillment partners for some countries. They actually coordinate everything for me with their software. That might be what you are looking for.

0 Likes