Sending to US from Canada through ePacket.

Highlighted
1 0 0

I was wondering if i send packages through ePacket to Canada in Oberlo but my customer is on the US, is the package still going to get to him?

Because in Oberlo i choose Canada because most of the times my products just have ePacket to Canada but not the US.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
692 51 155

Hi, @PipeGds!

Julie here Shopify Support.

When importing products from Oberlo to Shopify, it's important to note the shipping methods the supplier uses for each country that you're selling to. In fact, when browsing products within the Oberlo app, you can check the shipping methods and delivery times available for each country. Oberlo has a help doc on how to access this information that you can check out here.

Have you had a chance to fulfill an order yet? When you do so, you'll need to use the Oberlo Chrome extension. With the Oberlo Chrome extension installed, your customers' shipping information will be automatically entered in the AliExpress checkout when you are fulfilling an order. The extension will also automatically select the shipping method, based on either the personalized shipping method or default shipping methods that you have specified in your Oberlo settings

Personalized shipping methods allow you to choose the preferred shipping option for each product and target shipping country. Typically, this is ePacket, but if ePacket isn't available for certain products in the United States, then I recommend choosing a personalized shipping method for them. Once that's done, when you are fulfilling an order, the Oberlo Chrome Extension will automatically select your preferred shipping method based on the product and shipping country. 

Once you have set your personalized shipping methods, you'll also want to set your default shipping method. If the personalized shipping methods are not available for a specific product, this will allow the Oberlo Chrome Extension to select the default shipping method. If neither the personalized or default method is available, then the next cheapest shipping option will be automatically selected. 

In short, it wouldn't be possible to fulfill an order with ePacket if ePacket isn't an available method for that country. Instead, either the personalized shipping method or default shipping method will be selected. Have you set your personalized and default shipping methods yet? 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes