Set Shipping Date

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 5

Hi,

I would like to set the shipping date for my orders to the next day, as many times I'm packing orders late at night after post offces close. When I used to fulful orders via Paypal, they would give me the option to choose one to two days out for the ship date. Can this be done in Shopify?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
338 0 54

Hi Marcus,

There is no way in Shopify natively to "set" a shipping date. You may be able to achieve this with a shipping app, but you'd need to have Carrier Calculated Shipping as a part of your plan to use most apps that have control over shipping rates like that.

I would suggest changing language on your shipping rates, adding text somewhere on the site, as well adding shipping information in your "refund policy" and "terms of service".

Cheers! :)

Alicia | Support Lead for Shopify
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I agree, if its "after business hours" at the post office today, it should select tomorrow as the default date when creating labels.

Or make me select it, and don't default to today.  I've had to do countless voids because I forget to change the dropdown to tomorrow when I'm making labels at 11PM.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Marcus,

In response to what Alicia had stated, if you're looking for a solution to this, and potentially for your rate calculations, Intuitive Shipping is an advanced calculation app that gives the option to add processing time to the carrier delivery times. There are also options to customize this, too, if different products or groups need different processing times. If you have any questions about it, please let me know!

Thanks,

Paul

Customer Success Lead @ Intuitive Shipping
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes