Set up Shipping Costs by Postcode

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 1

Hello all,

I'm migrating a customer over to Shopify; the delivery options available on the Shopify plan are not complex enough. I need to be able to set different prices according to the postcode in the UK for Royal Mail and flat rates for courier services etc.. I was looking at some apps to facilitate this, one of them being Better Shipping, but both apps say that I need carrier calculated shipping enabled? I sent an email to support last week, but I haven't heard back. I have read historic posts about an extra monthly charge or paying a year's fees upfront? Can anyone shed any light on this issue, please? Much appreciated. Louise :-)

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
139 17 29

Hi Louise,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this! I can see why needing more flexibility in offering shipping rates would be something your client is looking for, and Better Shipping is used by a lot of merchants for this reason. The app offers a few different features and the ability to offer different rates based on more localized locations and regions is a particularly useful one. The one thing I would suggest doing is checking with Better Shipping's support team that all of the features they offer are available to merchants based in the UK; you can email them directly at better.shipping@atomyard.com.

The app does require the carrier-calculated shipping feature, which comes as standard with our Advanced Plan. However, as you've read elsewhere, you can add this feature onto any of our lower plans for an additional $20 per month, or you can receive it for free if you switch to an annual billing cycle for your subscription. I'm sorry to hear that you've not received a response to your email; I will be emailing you shortly so we can discuss this in more detail and potentially get this feature enabled on the store. I will be sending the email to the email address linked to your forums profile.

I hope we can discuss this further, and if you have any other questions, please let me know!

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Hi Louise,

If you still need a solution, Intuitive Shipping is able to help with this. You would be able to set shipping based on postal code, and it is even specifically set up for the UK postal code format. You can also set up as many different custom rates as needed for your various carrier services. I'd be happy to help if you have any questions about it, or if you need a hand.

Thanks!

Intuitive Shipping - Customer Success
2 Likes
Excursionist
12 0 1

Hi Paul,

I will check out your shipping app once my client has agreed on the additional plan costs and or annual billing. Thank you for your prompt response.

ATB

Lou

0 Likes
Excursionist
12 0 1

Hi Paul,

I hope this email finds you well...

I still have a requirement for more complex shipping rules, here's a list of what I'm trying to replicate on the new Shopify Store. Can Intuitive Shipping help with this. The original app I was looking at can't calculate by weight? As you can see, different services are defined by either country or postcode and the calculation formula is weight and or order value.

Service  Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed – world Zone 2    Defined By Country  Calculation Formula   By weight kg
Service  Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed – world Zone 1    Defined By Country  Calculation Formula By weight kg
Service  Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed – world Europe   Defined By Country  Calculation Formula By weight kg
Service  Royal Mail 48 Signed For – UK Defined By Country   Calculation Formula  By weight kg and Order Value (FREE Over £40.00)
Service  DPD Next Day UK Mainland Defined By POSTCODE   Calculation Formula  By weight kg and Order Value (FREE Over £40.00)
Service  DPD Next Day UK Mainland by 10.30 am  Defined By POSTCODE  Calculation Formula  By weight kg and Order Value (reduced price Over £40.00)
Service  DPD Next Day UK Mainland by 12.00 am  Defined By POSTCODE  Calculation Formula  By weight kg and Order Value (reduced price Over £40.00)
Service  DPD  2 day OFFSHORE Defined By POSTCODE  Calculation Formula  By weight kg and Order Value (FREE Over £120.00)
Service  DPD UK Scottish Highlands & Islands Defined By POSTCODE  Calculation Formula By weight kg and Order Value (FREE Over £120.00)
Service  DPD Classic Norway Defined By Country Calculation Formula By weight kg
Service  DPD Classic ZONE 1  Defined By Country Calculation Formula By weight kg
Service  DPD Classic ZONE 2  Defined By Country Calculation Formula By weight kg
Service  DPD Classic ZONE 3 Defined By Country Calculation Formula By weight kg
Service  DPD Classic ZONE 4 Defined By Country Calculation Formula By weight kg
Service  DPD Classic ZONE 5 Defined By Country Calculation Formula By weight kg
Service  DHL EXPRESS WORLDWIDE Defined By Country Calculation Formula By weight kg and minimum order value

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Louise :-)

0 Likes