Setting different shipping rates on each sales channel

Highlighted
12 0 0

In short:

I deal in frozen food, so shipping rates are always a chore...

Anyhow, I have a local store and a eCommerce store... I don't want two seperate shopify stores, I just want to set different shipping rates for each channel. I'm using the buy button sales channel and embedding the cart in my local website and selling duplicate items that are only available on one store or the other.

The reason -- I want to display my local prices, sans shipping prices, but I also want to extend the option of having these items delivered.

Meijer, Walmart, Costco.... none of these companies sell perishables from their main website, I'm essentially doing the same thing, but I want all orders to be routed through ONE Shopify channel.

TLDR Summary.

How can I ship to one state with 2 different shipping rates?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
259 3 60

Hi, Jon!

Lisa here from the Shopify Social Care Team. 

For orders purchased directly via your website, customers can pick their own shipping based on the rates you've set up in the admin. Here are some shipping strategies you can set up to best suit your customers checking out online. 

As for your POS in-person sales, you have the option to add on shipping at the time of sale! To do this: 

1. In the Cart section of the products and cart screen, tap Add shipping:

Add shipping button

2. Enter the shipping price, the customer's name, and the shipping address.

3. Tap Save. The Cart section updates to show the cost of shipping.

Hope this allows you to extend the option of having these items delivered for your in-person sales!

Please let me know if you have any further questions about shipping. 

- Lisa 

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
12 0 0

Yea, this isn't really what I'm looking for.

Let me lay this out:

Sale Channel (A) has a cart totalling $75 for 4 lbs. of Salmon and at checkout he is going to have the item shipped to his home in NYC. The $75 price does not include any shipping worked into the price of the product and he will pay $25 for shipping for a total of $100.

Sale Channel (B) has a cart totalling $100 for 4 lbs. of Salmon and at checkout he is going to receive free shipping to his home in NYC. 

In both orders the customer pays the same amount. My customers from Sales Channel (A) are local & non local customers and they are paying the upcharge for delivery, but have the option to have a larger selection of items for a lower out the door price. The website also can display my store prices, in case they feel like buying in the store.

The customers for Sales Channel (B) are mostly outside my local region and they tend to buy MORE if they aren't paying a shipping fee, I don't have to worry about tainting my local customer pricing with puffed up prices just so I can offer that free shipping option.

This meme describes the situation best.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
259 3 60

Hi again,

Within your shipping zone, you can create rates that will apply if customers exceed certain order thresholds. For example, like your Drake meme, if the customers in NYC shopping online, spend over $29.99 they automatically get Free Shipping applied to their order! You can create free shipping thresholds for this state and others to incentivize higher purchases. In store with POS, you can offer whatever rates you like and manually key in the shipping prices for your local customers, since this will not automatically apply to the cart.

If you need to provide customized shipping rates based postcode ranges within the state you can use an app, like this one called Postcode Shipping Extension, or Bespoke Shipping. This will allow you to narrow down your shipping settings to charge more / less depending on the proximity of the customer for online orders.

You also mentioned that for your local delivery you wanted to offer a wider range of products available for out the door price, that is also available instore. There's an app for this called Local Delivery which allows you to mark individual products as available/not available for local delivery. You can also make additional products available on POS and not on the online sales channel.

In all cases, your product prices will stay the same for each product - the only difference would be the Shipping prices for each scenario and product selection, based on the customer's address and if they shop instore, or online. 

I hope I understand your question now! 

- Lisa 

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes