Setting individual rate adjustments for individual FedEx shipping types

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello world :-)

We have just moved from a WooCommerce implementation to a Shopify Basic store, with the $20-additional-a-month module to get live shipping quotes directly from our FedEx account. We are not using a 3rd party app/plugin, we use the built in FedEx module that is activated upon registration for the $20 a month plan.

In WooCommerce, we could set rate adjustments for each shipping method.  We would subsidize 50% of the cost of ground shipping, and 0% of the cost of any other form of shipping (picture attached)

I cannot find how to do this in Shopify.  All I see is an across-the-board rate adjustment (picture attached) so super duper Saturday priority overnight would also subsidized by us by 50%.  

I can't really find anything on this on the boards, which I'm shocked by as I would imagine a lot of folks are happy subsidizing ground shipping but not overnight.  I found one post answered by @Aria (link pasted below) but I dont think it applies to me and didnt seem to really answer that post's original question either.

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance!

https://community.shopify.com/c/Payments-Shipping-Fulfillment/Free-Ground-Shipping-Paid-Next-Day-Air...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
461 7 39

Hello @UIM ,

You can use the FedEx, Rates, Labels and Tracking app to adjust the rates for each FedEx shipping method. You have the option to adjust it either as a fixed value or as a percentage value. (Picture attached)

Moreover, the app also helps in printing FedEx labels in bulk, scheduling pickup for your orders and also include tracking numbers acquired from FedEx in the shipment notification emails sent to customers.

Shopify FedEx.png

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

There is no direct way to adjust the cost of each shipping service. If you have a rough estimate on the cost, then you can set that in flat rates and adjust that. However, a better way to adjust the rates is to go with an app which gives you flexibility to adjust cost based on a variety of factors like total cost of order, total weight, total item count, etc or even normal adjustment for each service. You can try the Multi Carrier Shipping label app for this purpose.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Do I need to upgrade my Shopify account to use the "Shopify Fedex App"?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
461 7 39

Hi @Beria,

I hope you are referring to the FedEx Rates, Labels & Tracking app. 

Upgradation in the Shopify plan is required only to display calculated FedEx rates at checkout. Without that, you can still print FedEx labels, handle FedEx tracking and use all other features of the app using the current plan. Instead of showing FedEx rates at checkout, you can display some flat rates which can be done under the Shopify shipping settings.

Now, if you want to display FedEx rates at checkout, there are 3 ways to upgrade your store.

• You can choose annual subscription rather than monthly in Shopify. This will give you a 10% discount on your current plan and you’ll get FREE Carrier Calculated Shipping, which will allow you to display rates at checkout.
  • Add the feature to your existing plan for an additional $20 per month by contacting Shopify support.
  • You can upgrade to the Advanced Shopify plan which is $299 per month.

Hope this helps you!

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you for the reply!
I'm now trying to contact Shopify to add that feature for $20/month. That would resolve or problem.
Do you know if there is a specific page or link to it? I wish Shopify had Live chat.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
161 9 53

@Beria 

Shopify offers live chat.  Here's their support page with their various support options.

To add the third-party carrier calculated rates feature, live chat is usually the fastest and easiest method of support.

Cheers,

Joel.

Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

@Beria @Joel-Reeds 

Hi all!

To give everyone an update as the OP, we ended up implementing the Advanced Shipping Rules plugin, on top of the $20 Shopify fee for displaying true rates to end customers.  

Once we figured out everything and set up everything, we have had no problems/continuing issues with the ASR plugin. It works. And we have a complicated (to us) setup that only includes 3 SKUs but has multiple variants of each SKUs that each have their own individual shipping rules, one of which is shipped only by USPS/postal, not FedEx.  So we like the granular and extended flexibility of ASR.

I don't recall if we ever tried the FedEx Rates, Labels, & Tracking plugin or not.

0 Likes