Setting one fixed shipping rate with Printful

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

I'm thoroughly confused with setting shipping rates to integrate with Printful. I've built in some shipping into product prices but want to charge one fixed shipping rate to cover the remaining shipping costs, to make it an easy and palatable price for consumers.

What I want to do is have a standard shipping price for all items in a cart, even if from different product groups ie $9.99 for total order. What I can't work out is how to stop the calculation adding $9.99 for a mug, and then $9.99 for a tee, and then $9.99 for a hoodie etc (so in this example totalling $29.97 for shipping). 

How do I do this? Wanting to get my store live.

Thanks so much.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @ByBeks,

I know this wasn't the answer you were hoping for, but this is a Printful issue and even if you remove the products from the profiles they create in your store, they will reappear. There is currently no workaround. 

We have chatted with their team a few times about this, since our app (Intuitive Shipping) users experience the same issue. I encourage you to reach out to their support to push the issue to hopefully give them a nudge so that customers have the choice of what to charge for shipping.

For the time being, I would consider offsetting more of the shipping price into the product price so your shipping costs are lower.

Best of luck with your launch!

Warm regards,
Sharon  

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping
Execute a strategic approach to shipping | Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles
1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks so much Sharon. Ah that's what I seemed to be finding while I was testing, and was hoping I'd just missed something. Such a strange thing to enforce it when it's not the ideal customer experience. I've reached out to Printful also.

Had another play and it looks like free shipping will still kick in at the levels set with combined product groups... until they make it easier at their end, thinking it'll be best to also set a lower benchmark for the free shipping so only a max 2-3 items will trigger a fee, then lower the shipping fees, and tweak the pricing?

0 Likes
Highlighted

@ByBeks,

As long as you aren't losing money on shipping, that sounds like a great plan! It's great that Printful has flat rates that are predictable so you can do this. 

Super glad you reached out to Printful by the way. The more merchants that give feedback, the better.

Warm regards,
Sharon  

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping
Execute a strategic approach to shipping | Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes