Setting up shipping rate using on demand printers like: Printaura, Printful, and Teelaunch.

Highlighted
1 0 0

I am trying to set up my shopify store and I am stuck when it comes to setting up shipping rates for on-demand printers!! I want to set up shipping rates to where I can calculate for a customer who buys more than one item and a different shipping rate, without charging them full price for both items! 

Example:

A t-shirt from printaura is $5.50 for shipping and $.75 for each additional.

A hat from printul is $6.50 for shipping and $1.20 for each additional. 

Now, let's say a customer buys one of each! How do i set up a shipping scenario in my store to where there aren't charged full price for both?

Thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
236 0 47

Hey, Bryant!

My name is Aaron, I'm a guru here at Shopify!

Completely understand where you're coming from - it can be pretty complex to mesh up shipping policies like those for Printful and Printaura with Shopify's, as with us there's only the option to charge by weight or price, not per item.  There is a way to set up your shipping in your Shopify store to manage this - essentially, you separate your items into categories, apply arbitrary weights to each category, and then do some calculations to arrive at many different shipping rates that cover all possible combinations.  There's a more in-depth guide on setting something like this up on Printful's blog!

This guide, admittedly, is set up to cover the contingencies arising from only one print on demand service, not several - it should in theory be possible to set up something similar for multiple print on demand services, but it'd certainly add another level of complexity.  A solution to this using apps might be the easier way to go, though there'd be a cost involved.  We have several apps available that can introduce per-product shipping rates that you might like to check out:

- Advanced Shipping Rules
- Better Shipping
- Bespoke Shipping

These apps do require the carrier calculated shipping feature to be active in your store with us - if you don't have that feature as part of your plan, that can be added on to your account for $20 per month, just reach out to us on our support lines to have it added on!

Hope that's helped!  Please feel free to give us a call or start a live chat at any time, we're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Aaron | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
26 0 1

Hey there,

For Printify by standard we have weight based shipping rates. For that we have prepared our Shipping rates here and Shipping Tips here

In case you go for Carrier-Based shipping, we offer live rates, so you don't need to spend endless hours with the shipping tables. 

In case you need any help, you can contact our Customer Care anytime - we're very friendly and responsive.

You can install Printify here

Printify Team
0 Likes