Setup a custom Fullfillment Process (Request for fullfillment)

RobertAreno
3 0 0

Hi!

Need help to understand how I can do a similar process with an own Warehouse as a Custom Order Fullfillment.

We have two warehouses (Both internally) but the majority is shipped from Warehouse A.  The problem is that we only using email to communicate with that warehouse, and they are not able to use Shopify.

So I had an idea that someone on our ecommerce team is releasing (Fullfill) the orders in Shopify and request a fulfillment (Basically send an email to the warehouse). 
That works perfect with Request for fullfillment but not with our own warehouses? 

How can we do something similar?

Best

Robert

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1111 131 179

Hey, @RobertAreno. It sounds like the custom fulfillment service feature should work for your warehouses as well. Order notifications are sent by email only, and so access to your Shopify account would not be required by your warehouse staff. 

For a better understanding of the custom fulfillment service feature, let me explain in detail the process and the steps to set it up:

• First, you’ll create a custom fulfillment service for each warehouse - a Location for each warehouse will automatically be created
  • Include each warehouse location as a Shipping From location in your shipping profile(s) for your products
  • Assign the product(s) inventory to be managed by its corresponding warehouse; This is done on the Product page in your admin, within the Inventory section. Your warehouses will appear in the Inventory Managed By as seen below:

21-05-orqsy-ji9c5

Once you have a fulfillment service set up for each warehouse, an order notification email will automatically be sent to the email address associated with the warehouse that the products are stocked at when the order is fulfilled. Now, as you mentioned, you could have one of your ecommerce staff members manually requesting fulfillment for each order. Or, if you would like to automate the process even further, you can set up automatic fulfillment as well. This way, once a customer makes a payment, the order is automatically fulfilled, and as such the order notification email is automatically sent to your warehouse(s). 

I hope that all makes sense. Let me know what you think, and if there are additional factors that I have not taken into account that would be a challenge for your business needs. 

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes