Ship multiple boxes for a single order??

Highlighted
Excursionist
15 1 3

Hey @Nick with this workaround, how do the notification emails to customers work?

Will the shipping confirmation email be sent to the customer each time I add a tracking number for a product if I check the checkbox (meaning they would get a separate email each time I add a tracking number to a product and click the fulfill button)?

What about the out for delivery and delivered emails, would those automatically be sent for each separate tracking number?

What if, for example, two items out of three in the order are shipping together and have the same tracking number? Can I set the quantity to 1 for two items and zero for the third and then follow the same steps? If so, will the notification emails pull the two products I added the same tracking number to into the email (ie. in my example, the customer would get email updates for two products in one email, and then one product in another email if I do the same steps for that product)?

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Is there an app that does this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3244 245 556

Hi @quinnsouther

Really great question. Apologies for the delay in getting back to you about it. 

I did some tests on my test store to confirm this, I wasn't sure off the top of my head. It does seem like separate confirmation emails would be sent for each tracking number. You can see the separate emails come through for this below: 

21-38-hs77t-m4c55

but the checkbox must be ticked:

21-39-vsyme-3yon9

It should offer one confirmation email per tracking number as that is one shipment to answer your last question. Something else to note is that you can resend the emails also if you wish. You can do this by pressing the more button at the bottom of the order and then making sure the checkbox is ticked as seen below: 

21-53-0u966-gg2nn

I hope this helps and answers your questions! 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 1 3

Awesome @Nick I think I'm all set now. Thanks for digging into this for me, appreciate it

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

I know this is from a while ago, but I jumped into this now.

What if its multiple boxes because one piece equals one box, customer orders 2, how to get 2 shipping labels?

I tried ti improvise and follow this instruction it offered me to send a refund to the customer, which I did not because I am going to eventually ship the second box as well. The only way I could edit the order afterward was by adding another item in which case Shopify wanted me to charge again... 

0 Likes