Ship only within the UK?

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi - i've just set up my store but i only want to ship my products in the UK where i am based. This is purely to avoid accounting for other country's taxes, keeping it simple for me.

How do i make sure that people cannot buy from other locations outside the UK. I have created a shipping zone in the EU to include only the UK and set a rate. I have no other shipping zones, yet in my store you can still buy from an international location.

I tried adding France as a shipping location and didnt set a rate, and it says i can still ship to France at checkout...

Please can someone help?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
600 62 110

Hi @algren77

Hyde here from Shopify. Great question!

You were right to ensure that the only zone you have set up is the UK zone as per this guideline which points out that:
20-03-ryw4o-ixydy

So have a doublecheck to see that there isn't also an international default zone set up. If there is, you can delete it:

20-03-lt51g-2yj3xAlso, be sure to check you're actually setting up zones and not Shipping Profiles. You can use shipping profiles to set shipping rates for specific products and charge different amounts based on where you're shipping your products to and from as outlined here, but a Shipping Zone and Shipping Profile are very different things. 

I hope that helps. If you've any other questions I'm happy to answer them. 

All the best, Hyde. 

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
191 3 12

Hi there! 

You could consider setting your website only available to visitors from UK. Block visitors from the rest of the world. Thus, only UK customers can visit your shop and place orders; and no more unwanted shipments for you.

Here is a tool can help with this: Geo Blocking. You can simply set up rules blocking visitors by countries within a few steps. Then, the tool will generate Javascript code for you to add to your website. You don't need to do any code yourself. Shopify platform is well supported.

Hope it helps!

0 Likes