Shipment Tracking URL

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello

I use epacket and DHL for standard and express shipping respectively.

By default, Shipify seems to use track-chinapost.com website for epacket tracking. I want to use an alternate site (e.g. track17) which gives better tracking across the globe where the shipping method is "standad"

Also, Shipify does not seem to recognize DHL tracking numbers and instead redirects the users to UPS. I would like to specify the DHL tracking for orders where the shipping is "express"

How can I do it? I know I can do it at an order to order basis by clicking "edit tracking". But that's cumbersome - there has to be a progmatic way to do this?

Can anyone help please?

R

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Anyone?

I cannot believe this simple a problem does not have a solution on Shopify! This is super annoying for customers to be sent to spammy website for tracking (tack-chinapost.com) when there are much better alternatives available!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

I have partial solution for you. The Multi Carrier Shipping label app supports DHL Express Shipping and DHL Paket shipping. However, epacket shipping is not provided in the app as a service. However, if you generate labels for DHL Express with the app, it will automatically attach the tracking info in the order which will correctly redirect to the DHL website. 

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
461 7 39

Hello,

Since Shopify doesn't directly support DHL paket, you will have to enter the tracking number and select "Other" option while choosing the carrier. The problem might be that Shopify doesn't recognize this correctly and it redirects to UPS. 

A solution for this issue is to use an app like Shipment Tracking & Notify, which will help you with this issue. When you enter the tracking number and select the "Other" option from the carrier list, the app recognizes the carrier and handles the tracking process easily. 

The app also helps you send tracking notifications to your customers and allows you to have an integrated tracking lookup page, from where your customers can track their orders. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes