Shipment status transitions do not happen when order is fulfilled by 3PL

3 0 0

Hello Shopify Community,

We have realized that when customer orders are fulfilled by our 3PL partner, the order status page never updates shipping status such as 'Confirmed -> On Its Way -> Out for Delivery-> Delivered' and other than initial order confirmation and shipping confirmation emails, the other two optional emails for 'Out for Delivery' and 'Delivered' not sent to customers (though the options are checked under Settings/Notifications). Our 3PL uses USPS which is one of the Shopify supported couriers for these transitions to happen properly. 

However for a few orders that we fulfilled manually and added USPS tracking number, this sequence seemed to happen as expected.

Here are the screenshots of the order status page for both orders to compare side by side. The first one on the left is fulfilled by 3PL and has been already delivered and archived, but the status page never got updated and stayed the same other than the addition of tracking number link. The second one on the right is fulfilled manually by us and as can be seen status transitions and icons are shown properly

Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 3.04.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 3.03.52 PM.png

Has anybody seen a similar problem before? 

Appreciate the help,

Luxy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello,

I regret your encounter. Sometimes server instability can cause similar problems, but that is only one of the possible reasons. Have you try third party tracking solution? Actually, I want to recommend Trackingmore to you, a stable tracking service provider that has been running since 2014. It is providing tracking solution for more than 100,000 customers. I think its Shopify apps Parcel Panel can fully meet your needs. 

1. Branded tracking page
  2. Product recommendation feature
  3. Estimated delivery time & Custom orders status
  4. Favorable price & stable service & API available
  5. ...

Not only helped saving over 1 million for clients in past year, also we have price advantage compared with others.  Kindly let me know if anything we can help for you  :-)

微信截图_20191212173443.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
291 1 10

The problem might be because your shipping solution might not be sending the exact courier information to Shopify along with the tracking number or there might be some internal issues. To send tracking information to your customers, it would be better to use a tracking app like Shipment tracking & notify.

The app would help send tracking status to your customers, display the complete tracking details of all orders on the tracking dashboard and also provides with a branded "track your order" page for your customers to track their order.

0 Likes
Highlighted
33 0 0

That's quite strange. I have never run into that before. When my 3pl librexpress.com fulfills one of my orders the tracking number and status automatically update. They also send an email to my customer with the tracking information. 

0 Likes