Shipping Address for In-store Pickup Orders

kslagerman
1 0 0

Hello,

Our brick and mortar store uses a POS (Heartland Retail, previously was called 'Springboard Retail') that offers a paid inventory management/integration app for Shopify. The app synchronizes Shopify orders with our physical store's point of sale and keeps inventory with the physical store and Shopify store in sync.

Unfortunately, there is a comparability issue that Heartland is unable to resolve and it causes inventory management problems for us.

The problem occurs when a customer checks out in Shopify with 'In-store Pickup" as the shipping option. The Heartland Retail POS requires a shipping address in order to "understand' orders that get sent from Shopify. Since pickup orders in Shopify do not have a shipping address, Heartland Retail does not know how to accept the order and the sync will not complete for that specific order. This causes our inventory to not update correctly which leads to other issues.

The current and only fix for this problem is to simply add a placeholder or 'dummy' address to the order after it has been placed. Once a shipping address is added, the app picks up the order and sync's it back to the POS.

I'm wondering if there is any way to automate the adding of a shipping address to an in-store pickup order. Perhaps an app that I am not aware of could help.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Cloudninepjs
1 0 0

I am also having this issue! Wondering if there was any workaround found for this! 

0 Likes