Shipping - Calculated Rates - Dimensional Weight

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
9 0 10

this problem of shopify continuing to implement proper dimensional weight calculation for over a decade is further compounded when sellers like us push our inventory out to various marketplaces like ebay, amazon, etc... et all....

it is unfair to everybody to not have this fixed years ago, leaving you open to a retroactive class action lawsuit.

you can spend our fees on coming up with new colors and themes, but not fixing this major flaw in your shipping protocol.

many of us are using your platform for our multichannel marketing, this shipping issue is a major one to such campains, customers are abandoning carts and you are loosing on your fees because of it.

we do not need new features other than proper dimensional weight shipping calculation, your developers should stop coding doilies for us and fix this yesterday.

5 Likes
Excursionist
9 0 10

as many have commented it is rediculous for us to have to hire a 3RD party plugin to provide us dimensional weight calculation to the items we sell on shopify.

all other marketplaces implement this dimensional weight shipping calculation properly, when we push out item listings from shopify to these marketplaces it causes major headaches to us sellers due to shopifys lack of including these mandatory fields in the push.

we are are loosing because your developers have time to spend the money we are paying you in montly and sales percentage fees to develop everything but dimensional weight shipping proper.

fix it yesterday

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
9 0 10

sorry for my stern candor please excuse my expression of frustration for all your shopify store owners in this huge issue that you have failed to rectify for over a decade

fix it yesterday!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3

This is a frustration for me as well. We just opened our store a few days ago and I'm still struggling with some of Shopify's limitations, including shipping. My question now is, what are the positive aspects of Shopify that make it better to stay with Shopify (and complain, myself included), or go to another platform. At this point for us, it would be a little less work to re-write about 5-10 % of our products to make them work with Shopify, than it would be to go somewhere else. But I'm somewhat torn, and wondering what other store owners think of Shopify over all, despite its limitations.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
9 0 10
for us we chose shopify years ago for thier strong multichannel marketing
presence and the ability to push our inventory out to many big markets like
amazon and ebay, whilst having centralized order management and customer
experience.

now if the wold just get off thier duffs and fix this major flaw.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
354 24 98

Hi, @hastyheat and @HNC1

Thank you both for reaching out and sharing your feedback on this. I understand how important this feature is to each of your businesses, so I have shared both of your specific pieces of feedback with our developers. 

@HNC1, I know you were interested in learning more about our features, so I wanted to send you this list that outlines the features that are included in every plan tier on our platform. Other features that are plan-specific can be found here. Aside from wanting dimensional shipping rates, are there any other specific features you're looking for? If so, please let me know and I'll be glad to look into our options! 

Best, 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
354 24 98

Hello, everyone.

At the moment, dimensional shipping rate calculations, and using multiple default packages for shipping, are not offered natively in the Shopify admin. However, third party apps like the ones listed here can be used to add these rates onto Shopify stores.

If you would like to see this feature added and built in to our platform, please reply to me here with your .myshopify.com URL so that I can update our request list with your store details.

In the meantime, I am marking this reply as a solution on this post because, as of today, this is the current situation with this feature request.

Thanks!

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 6
Hi there
I’d love for shopify to have a function of archiving old product items or
collections. We have quiet big assortment of goods and sometimes it gets
too much to go through all the product listings as they accumulate so fast
so much each season. A way to archive some of old product listings would be
great to keep better track of current inventory etc.
thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3

Dear Rae, thank you for replying. Shopify seems to work very well, and our site looks really good now, but some features we were used to are missing. Since you asked, here are my complaints for now:

1. The biggest hurdle for us now is the limitation of 3 drop-downs/100 variant combinations, since we have quite a few products which go over that. The app our developers installed is awful. Someone writes an app for Shopify and it can't look or act like Shopify? And it can't be customized either. So we're trying to edit our products to be able to use the native Shopify variants.

2. Quantity pricing would be really useful. Again, we're working on "work-arounds".

3. We had to have the product numbers (SKU's) coded into our site's product pages.

4. Shopify's shipping really does need to be updated to utilize dimensional weights, especially since all shipping companies use them now. We have a huge variety of product sizes and weights, a single default package size is just a joke for us.

5. We were used to being able to edit the shopping cart. 

In general, using an app for added features hasn't been easy, and they don't seem to integrate seamlessly, at least in our experience so far. And they are so expensive--$20 a month for an added feature that should be included in Shopify, and which may or may not really work anyway? 

Thank you for reading this. 

One very good thing is, Shopify's support does seem to be very good, as far as I can tell so far.

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
24 0 20

@Rae wrote:

Hello, everyone.

At the moment, dimensional shipping rate calculations, and using multiple default packages for shipping, are not offered natively in the Shopify admin. However, third party apps like the ones listed here can be used to add these rates onto Shopify stores.

If you would like to see this feature added and built in to our platform, please reply to me here with your .myshopify.com URL so that I can update our request list with your store details.

In the meantime, I am marking this reply as a solution on this post because, as of today, this is the current situation with this feature request.

Thanks!

As a Shopify customer, I DO NOT accept this as a solution. Who do we escalate this to? Who are you to decide if this is an acceptable solution?

There are A LOT of unhappy customers here that have expressed their frustrations and you just came in here and said to pretty much take it or leave it. Installing a paid 3rd party plug-in for basic functionality to work is NOT a solution. This is poor customer service on your end and it needs to be addressed immediately. 

Obviously your customers venting on your community forum is not the correct avenue to getting this issue resolved because this method has gotten us no where. What is the correct route for us to take? How can we get our voices heard?

3 Likes