Shipping - Calculated Rates - Dimensional Weight

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 9

@FH45 

Opencart was a great platform, we moved from there. I have been seriously considering moving back. The IG/Shoppable posts is a bit more of a headache to integrate than it is here, but there are so many features built in that you have to pay for here. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 6

It will be smooth if you plan it properly.  There was no down time.  But it will also depend on what alternative solution you are going for.  I simply build the stores for my clients with the requirements they asked and simply didn't point the domain to the new stores until they worked as they wanted it to work and until they were trained on how to use it.

One of the clients had a shipping integration set up for shopify that automatically gave customers a list of shipping options through a shipping broker, we just altered that to talk to their new platform and away we went.  The shopify solution required a convoluted way to get volume dimensions into the products as metafields, before we could use this custom integration but now we don't have to worry about this.

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 11
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 6
Very much ***NOT SOLVED***. We've made a hack workaround, but Shopify
really needs to fix this.
2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Please add both of these stores to the list of those that would love to see this as an added feature. I don't understand why there isn't an option to select one of the saved package sizes/types per product for those that have special dimensions. 

flagsaflying.com

baileysseasonalflags.com 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 2

Everthing a bout this topic of dimensionsl weight has already been stated. How much feedback do you really need to get this problem fixed after alk these years?

Its costing YOUR users money everyday and is very frustrating!

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

We are desperate for Dimensional Shipping option. NOT associated with an APP.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 15

This subject has been marked as “solved” by Shopify in the community page.  This has not been solved and I feel they have no incentive to fix it.  Shopify wants us to pay for their third party apps only.  Please start turning in request for this change.  I have sent many to the Shopify Team and I plan to keep sending them until someone gives us another option.  

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 3

Dimensional shipping should absolutely be a built in feature of Shopify.

Shopify shipping is nearly useless without this feature for any stores that have significant variance in package sizes.

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I am perplexed how the shopify folks can only say that they will forward it for dims shipping.  I wished somebody at shopify would take some ownership in helping us.  Perhaps a work around or a app.

SO does anyone know of an app that will work to fix this.

1 Like