manually having to adjust shipping rates, and issue shipping cost refunds,
due to shopify disallowing its customers to provide full weight AND
MEASUREMENT details to the shipping calculators, is an unacceptable labor
multiplying kludge to ask of a company paying premium rates for a modern
webstore and shopping cart.
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 3

Our store is loosing money on shipping because Shopify does not have a Dimensional Weight option. Canada Post and all other carriers use this to calculate their rates. How can we anticipate what "Default" box items will fit into when we have no idea what the customer will order. 

Dimensional weight needs to be available so that we can give accurate shipping costs to our customers. As Shopify customers, why should we have to pay an additional fee for CCS and purchase another app as a workaround? Accurate shipping is a basic part of every retailers business and should be a top priority and provided no matter what Shopify plan as customer is on.

This has been an issue that has been requested for many years, why isn't Shopify listening to it's customers?

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 5

agreed

full stop, all other developments shopify is paying our store subsription fees to have coded by thier developers should all be paused untill this basic full shipping dimensional weight failure in the shopify code is corrected.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

I just came upon this thread and was so happy to find the problem was solved...only to be thoroughly discouraged that the solution was 3rd Party App suggestions. ARGH!!!!!! NOT a solution, not solved Shopify.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

I also need dimensional box options for my business: pourtions.net (or pourtionsjustright.com. We are in the process of switching out our domain name.)

Thanks!
Mary

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

"If you would like to see this feature added and built in to our platform, please reply to me here with your .myshopify.com URL so that I can update our request list with your store details."

Please add andoveraudio.myshopify.com to your request list.

Dimensional weight calculations should be regarded as basic functionality within Shopify and be prioritized by your developers accordingly.

How many more requests does it take to get this matter resolved?

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 3

Please add https://dancing-lion-chocolate.myshopify.com (Dancing Lion Chocolate) to this list. Dimensional Weight calculation is a fundamental part of shipping and should be one of Shopify's highest priorities. Shopify's shipping algorithms are pretty primative in general.

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1
Shopify,

You probably won't be our online store.to be honest for very long because of this issue. I see you have had plenty of time to solve this - years even, and plenty of complaint without a useful solution being implemented. Looking for a new place to do business already and I just set this shop up.
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 12

This issue is KILLING ME!

One of the items I sell is straw hats....light weight, but large in size. I ship them in 16"x16"x8" boxes and total shipping weight is 1.5lbs

In this situation, which is happening WAY too often, Shopify charged my customer $13.39 to ship it via USPS.....that is even with me increasing the product weight to 4lbs.

Actual cost to ship the package via USPS is $43.69! Even if I change the courier to UPS, it will still cost me $20.17!

SHOPIFY!!! FIX THIS DIMENSIONAL WEIGHT ISSUE NOW!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
17 0 2

I'll add to this, For so many years people have been asking for this and Shopify replies with getting Boxify (which would mean you would need your own shipping accounts and are limited on # of orders), even having item quantity thresholds rules for shipping boxes would work for a lot of stores.

If computational resources is the issue then the algorithm doesn't even have to be completely optimal, if you have to then set a some limit. I think that would be better than nothing. I mean Bigcommerce is able to do some form of dimensional calculation, surely Shopify can match it.

0 Likes