Shipping - Calculated Rates - Dimensional Weight

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 10

@guardingdreams 
Honestly, my store is small enough (now) that I could got through and add the dims to only the items that need it - these are usually oversized items. I don't carry a lot of them, but you can see from the above shipping quotes, on the ones I do carry, it makes a  HUGE difference. My items don't have a huge markup, so I can't eat $85/order. Most are relatively inexpensive (when compared to the $85 shipping cost difference) - so their solutions is to charge me more to fix their lack of Dev? Instagram shop-able posts are the only thing keeping this platform alive. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 6

@Kevin5801 

Yeah well you are lucky, try using shopify for wholesale and see how you go, total nightmare.  Competitors have this stuff (wholesale, dimensions, transaction fees, etc etc) all built into even some of their most basic plans.  I don't get how shopify is so popular when they intentionally make things harder than they need to. 

I have 2 more clients i need to move away from shopify because i have everyone on a cheaper and far better platform.   The funny thing is, not once even after all this complaining has shopify tried to contact me to see if my issues can be resolved.  It's ok though, i know their solution to my problem would be to upgrade to shopify plus where i could do just about anything, and i would only be about $2000USD worse off for the privilege to customised (which would cost extra too) their premium platform just so it can do the most basic of things.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 8

Same issue here. I need a better solution built into shopify. This is very disappointing. I am considering leaving shopify after building my site. I can't believe that I have spent all of this time building it only to learn have zero shipping options that make sense. I was excited for a more intuitive, professional platform and left woocommerce but now I see  that shopify is more interested  in upselling 3rd party apps than actually providing a solid experience, as it advertises.

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 16
I totally agree! The shipping situation is totally ridiculous! And in addition, I’ve also had issues with using those third party apps. When you sign up to try them, then you have to negotiate with them (not Shopify) to stop any charges if you decide it doesn’t work for your store. Shopify could be so much better but they don’t seem to take the advice of those that are actually using it on a day to day basis. Having to purchase multiple apps is too expensive, especially for a new business or small shop.
3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 3

Like many others I was highly disappointed to set up my entire store only to find out that I am limited to one default package size. This either means I lose money on shipping or I have to overcharge customers. Or I have to spend more $$$ on third party apps which may or may not work properly. Thanks to AMZ everybody wants free 5 minute shipping, which most small sellers can't do so every little bit helps. +1 for Shopify to implement a workable solution ASAP.

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

This issue is exactly why I have not made a Shopify store. Until Shopify makes this change, I won't be opening a website with them. I am happy with my website and shipping app that provides me dimensional shipping for the same cost as a Shopify site without a shipping plugin with an additional fee. 

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

you have 0 likes for this answer. Because the problem is not solved.

@TyW wrote:

@BradSCJB wrote:

@Rae wrote:

Hello, everyone.

At the moment, dimensional shipping rate calculations, and using multiple default packages for shipping, are not offered natively in the Shopify admin. However, third party apps like the ones listed here can be used to add these rates onto Shopify stores.

If you would like to see this feature added and built in to our platform, please reply to me here with your .myshopify.com URL so that I can update our request list with your store details.

In the meantime, I am marking this reply as a solution on this post because, as of today, this is the current situation with this feature request.

Thanks!

As a Shopify customer, I DO NOT accept this as a solution. Who do we escalate this to? Who are you to decide if this is an acceptable solution?

There are A LOT of unhappy customers here that have expressed their frustrations and you just came in here and said to pretty much take it or leave it. Installing a paid 3rd party plug-in for basic functionality to work is NOT a solution. This is poor customer service on your end and it needs to be addressed immediately. 

Obviously your customers venting on your community forum is not the correct avenue to getting this issue resolved because this method has gotten us no where. What is the correct route for us to take? How can we get our voices heard?

Hi @BradSCJB 

I asked @Rae  to set their last reply as the solution since it states the current situation and allows others looking for the 'latest' on this feature to understand the current situation. We are sharing feedback from community members requesting this feature with our product teams and follow the same process if you called, or emailed into support. 

Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
I'm still baffled by the default package feature and can't effectively
calculate shipping costs. It's either too much or too little. Why can't a
package size be attached to a product? If I hadn't just renewed my
subscription I'd be looking for a different e-commerce platform... probably
will anyway. Shipping in the present environment is more important than
ever.
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 2

I'm kind of in disbelief finding this thread. I thought I was going crazy or missing the inputs for product dimensions which were hiding in plain sight somewhere. I'm setting up a store for an artist to sell her paintings, all kinds of different sizes and weights for each product. How is this not a basic feature of Shopify? I was having such a pleasant experience before this setting up the store but this is such a weird thing to not offer on an ecommerce platform.

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 3

Hi Rae - I also need this feature added. I'm struggling with the 3rd party apps (price, integration, etc), and I'm paying for both Shopify and Weebly until I sort it out (I've been using Weebly for a while, and I link to Etsy for processing sales through the site). I'd love to have everything on the site I'm creating on Shopify, but I'm concerned about this shipping issue. Store is bridge-road-sugarworks.myshopify.com (until I transfer the domain from Weebly).

Thanks, Molly

3 Likes