Shipping - Calculated Rates - Dimensional Weight

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
437 6 32

@ZebraGraphicsNY 

I would suggest you try the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app, that helps you handle this with ease. The app provides you with advanced packing methods that are based on the dimensions of the product. With the box packing method in the app, you can set up different packages for your products based on the weight & dimensions.

So, whenever your customer places an order, the app automatically chooses the right box and calculates the accurate rates accordingly. Also, with the app, you can configure different carriers, print shipping labels, and also automate the tracking process. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
2 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
302 34 67

@MechanixGear wrote:
Ive been toying around with this idea, how do you go about your single box
size though are you just using a 1 cubic foot "box"

Yes, we set our default box as a 12/12/12.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

Thanks @HariKrishna, for the recommendation. I installed and was going to try Ship.Systems, $10/mo for up to 250 calculations, or $0.10/calculation for starting out. It looks like it may work, but requires weights and dimensions in kg and cm. Not that I can't convert everything, but not as easy. I see Multi-Carrier Shipping Label has a unit selector, and for $9/mo for 100 shipments, seems like a good option.

Does anyone know if Multi-Carrier Shipping Label automatically jumps your subscription to the $29 on months when the shipments exceed 100?

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

In case anyone is interested, I heard back from the Multi-Carrier Shipping Label plug-in developer support team and it doesn't automatically roll over to the next level from the starter pack: "The app will not allow you to generate more labels once the limit of 100 labels are reached. You would be required to extend the plan to higher one and then only you would be able to generate more labels." Good to know.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 9
This would all be moot if Shopify simply incorporated this basic function.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1
Has this been addressed yet? I was just looking at the apps like Boxify and Intuitive...which are both around the same price $29. However, you then have to add third party calculated rates to the tune of $20 dollars a month. I can’t understand How this is still an issue?
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 11
nope, hasn't been addressed in any meaningful way, I don't think we are
making enough noise to the right people as a community.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 10

ANYTIME any of you are talking with the folks at Shopify ask them about it. They won't be the right person of course, but ask them to forward the request onto the right department. Even if you're chatting about some other issue. "Is there anything else that I can help you with today?..."Yes, As a matter of fact..."

My suggestion. 

-RJ

4 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 11

rental-hq.myshopify.com  ... to be honest with you , we are a power seller on eBay and we sell on Amazon and Google too and we sell thousands of items each year . We hold our own inventory of of over 3000 different items. We got on Shopify few months ago as a matter of expanding and if there is anything will push us to cancel Shopify from our plans so it will be this dimensional weight's matter. We had to cancel many orders due to this wrong method of shipping calculation. Now I'm more surprised to know Shopify had this issue for years !! and never been taking care of !! really ?

4 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 11

I truly don't know how you've marked this as solved !! no it is not solved of what so ever . Pin point a solution as a support should do not a go figure run around answer and calling it solved. We started to seriously consider finding a different platform to solve this problem of package sizes and dimensional weight since it is so difficult to get it solved by Shopify tech team for years by now !!! it feels like Shopify is going to create a new super invention to eCommerce while it is an ABC knowledge for 10's of years at other platforms and web stores we use !! we did try apps of your "solved" list and turned out to be a false advertisement by developers !! simply you can say "there is a major flaw with Shopify and we don't know how or don't want to solve it so we through merchants under the bus by saying solved by a run around"

Greeting to all merchants losing money and time in this run around + Nickle & Dim me solutions

2 Likes